Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2015 11:04:15 AM EDT
I'm working on a Pelican case humidor (1550 case).   One of my Spanish Cedar shelves is damaged - I need a 3/8" x 2 ¼" x 7½" piece to fix it.

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I'm working on a Pelican case humidor (1550 case).   One of my Spanish Cedar shelves is damaged - I need a 3/8" x 2 ¼" x 7½" piece to fix it.
View Quote

Going to answer my own question - I found a great source - Bob Perry - [email protected].  A true gentleman.

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Any cigar shop should give you a piece if you ask.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any cigar shop should give you a piece if you ask.
View Quote

Actually, the local actual cigar store sells their used cigar boxes (the local cigarette stores that also sell cheap cigars usually only have cardboard 'cigar boxes').  To quote the owner "does this look like a lumber yard?"

Unless, of course, you buy a full box of cigars from them - and it's easier for me to buy them from JRs (shipping takes a day by USPS - I get the military discount - and I joined their club so I get free shipping).

I buy singles in my local B&M cigar store.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I can get you a piece at the Woodcraft store in Charlotte.  I'll mill it to whatever specific dimensions you need.  

Or you could go to their website and order it your self.

They won't mill it though.

Not sure where in NC you are but there's a store in Raleigh as well.

ETA I have a shit ton of western red cedar scraps you can have.  Don't think it will work in a humidor box though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I can get you a piece at the Woodcraft store in Charlotte.  I'll mill it to whatever specific dimensions you need.  
ETA I have a shit ton of western red cedar scraps you can have.  Don't think it will work in a humidor box though.
View Quote

Thanks - i was just about to order some when Bob offered to milli and plane me a piece from his scrap ile.

The problem was not getting three times as much as I needed (and I don't have a planer).

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks - i was just about to order some when Bob offered to milli and plane me a piece from his scrap ile.

The problem was not getting three times as much as I needed (and I don't have a planer).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a fully equipped wood shop. Any time you need something cut or milled just let me know.  Or if you ever want to drive over to Charlotte and make something my wood shop is your wood shop.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a soft spot for guys like my little brother who wear a funny green Beenie.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have a fully equipped wood shop. Any time you need something cut or milled just let me know.  Or if you ever want to drive over to Charlotte and make something my wood shop is your wood shop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very generous.  Thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top