Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2015 7:02:27 PM EDT
I used to be into cigars a bit, back in the late 90's. I have about a dozen cigars that have been sitting in a humidor pretty much since then. Obviously,nthe humidor long since dried out, so for all intents and purposes, they've been sitting in a fancy box. Kind of a bummer, because some of them were on the fancier side.

Garbage or not? I'm never gonna use them, but don't want to pitch them if they're salvageable and someone would appreciate them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, thanks for the reply. I think I'll just toss them.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Follow-up... Some of them are sealed in glass tubes, so those would theoretically be hermetic.

Does that impact your assessment?

Even the plastic ones don't seem to crumble. Humidistat reads 62.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Depends how they are kept. My buddy is very connected within the cigar industry.  He had a Partagas that was properly stored since 1932.  Said it was fantastic.  We smoked cigars he has from 1990. It was one the best cigars I have had.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I'm not reefing on them too hard, but I'm not seeing any cracking.

My cigar smoking days are far behind me. Do you want to check them out? Shoot me a PM w/ address, (or somebody else if you're not interested) you can have them. Call it an experiment, post results here. Maybe they're all shit, maybe there's a couple good ones.
Easy thing would be to trash the whole kit and kaboodle, but I remember a few of them were in that $10-$20 range, so I hate to pitch them if they might still be enjoyable for someone.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, I'm not reefing on them too hard, but I'm not seeing any cracking.

My cigar smoking days are far behind me. Do you want to check them out? Shoot me a PM w/ address, (or somebody else if you're not interested) you can have them. Call it an experiment, post results here. Maybe they're all shit, maybe there's a couple good ones.
Easy thing would be to trash the whole kit and kaboodle, but I remember a few of them were in that $10-$20 range, so I hate to pitch them if they might still be enjoyable for someone.

View Quote

Wait for echo to post here, he runs a program that sends cigars to troops, if he evaluates them and calls them good to go, that would be a great home for them!

If not I'll take them off your hands.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:57:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't toss em just yet... Buddie of mine had 13 cigars he forgot about and left them in his humidor unattended for 9 years. I slowly brought them back to life. Had 1 crack and started canoeing. The rest were ok,  had some flavor.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

had some flavor.
View Quote

Cigarettes have some flavor too.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
had some flavor.

LOL ouch...

They are in the mail and on their way to EchoAngel, so we'll have someone more cigar-savvy than I evaluating their suitability for human consumption. I'm more hopeful for the sealed ones, but would be a pleasant surprise if a couple of the fancy ones were still ok.

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#12]
What was the result on this?
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top