Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2015 10:43:41 PM EDT
Thinking of making a humidor of sorts out of a mason/canning jar. I don't have cigars that often, and it seems like it would work. Would put some sort of humidifier on the inside of the canning lid????? Whatcha think?
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
It would work, but there's at least one purpose-built idea like that out there:  Cigar Jar at CI

Similar concept, just with an acrylic jar instead of glass.  You can get them on CBid for cheaper.  I've considered
picking up a few of them, but a mason jar would work the same.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 11:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It would work, but there's at least one purpose-built idea like that out there:  Cigar Jar at CI

Similar concept, just with an acrylic jar instead of glass.  You can get them on CBid for cheaper.  I've considered

picking up a few of them, but a mason jar would work the same.
View Quote
pretty much what I had in mind....was going to add CI's little humidifier, the CI Smiley, figured it would be big enough.

How long do you think you could store a cigar in one? Seems like as long as your not taking them out and playing with them it would be ok for a fair amount of time .
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Cheaper than CI if you have Amazon Prime

Also, you can read the reviews to get more info and answers to your questions.  Rated 4.3/5, and the two low
reviews look like they're from people who didn't know how to use it.  Looks like the main thing is to use a
self-regulating humidifier to keep your cigars from molding.

I'm going to order a couple...
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 1:31:47 AM EDT
[#5]
They sell those jars at Wal Mart. Not sure on the price.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:07:45 AM EDT
[#6]
If you put different cigars into it, do the flavors and aromas kinda blend together? So, I guess the question is, can I mix types of cigars in my quartador without them affecting each other?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Also, you can read the reviews to get more info and answers to your questions.  Rated 4.3/5, and the two low

reviews look like they're from people who didn't know how to use it.  Looks like the main thing is to use a

View Quote

So are you saying the little humidifier that comes with it should be changed?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm always a little nervous about using the cheap floral foam humidifiers that come with humidors.  Sometimes
they leak and there are just better options for a few bucks more.  That's just my opinion though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top