Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2015 10:50:31 AM EDT
20150514_122655-1 by sky_soldier_82nd, on Flickr

And quickly turned around and left... never even set foot in the door....  to say the least I was disappointed...  

As far as I know they are the only shop that is somewhat local to me...  

Now.. it is his store and his choice to not want those "EVIL" guns in his shop...but its my money and my choice not to spend money there..

You guys ever run into this kind of thing?  

WP

PS....

Can ya'll recommend some good mild sticks for a rookie?  

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Boy I would have walked away.

Guess I am blessed with the store I go to.  Everyone is always talking about their guns.  The guys from the gun store across the freeway stop in after work too (or did).

As for a mild rookie, I was recommended the Perdomo 10th anniversary from the B&M, so I will pass that on to you.  Still my favorite stick.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Should have walked in and told the owner why you will never spend a dime in his store.
Guess I'm lucky, it's a very pro-gun crowd at my local cigar store.

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 12:35:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Should have walked in and told the owner why you will never spend a dime in his store.Guess I'm lucky, it's a very pro-gun crowd at my local cigar store.

View Quote

I agree.  His decision to piss off customers should be pointed out.  I would recommend an extended middle finger.  It has a nice nostalgic effect that I am sure he would appreciate.

Thankfully, my place is very pro gun.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#4]
My local shop has a sign that says "Guns Welcome on these Premises".  They are alright.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup, my local B&M is pretty pro-gun too.  Definitely tell the shop owner why he won't see any of your hard-earned
money in his register.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Is that what a no guns sign looks like.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess I should consider myself lucky.

My B&M had 2 employee's that carried one being a retired ADA and the other a Retired SCPO.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#9]
While I didn't go in the shop I did post a "REVIEW" on yelp...  and will probably do YP and any other "REVIEW" sight I can find...  

He doesn't have twitter or facebook... otherwise I would have hooked him up on there too....

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I fon't blame you for turning around and leaving.

My local b&m used to hold ccw classes

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Ghurka beauty, Macanudo Hyde Park, and Rocky Patel Connecticut  are a couple mild cigars I enjoy from time to time
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ghurka beauty, Macanudo Hyde Park, and Rocky Patel Connecticut  are a couple mild cigars I enjoy from time to time
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I would add Man O' War Virtue to that list.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 7:10:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh well his loss. Good on your OP.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#15]
La Flor Deminicona (LFD) Camoroon, My Father Serie JJ, Oliva G, Herrera Esteli, My Father Flor de Las Antillas, Tatuaje Tattoo.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head, they're all medium/ medium-full.  I didn't put anything that would put my S/O on her ass after smoking.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:06:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Thank store would not see one penny from me either.

As for mild cigars my recommendations would be perdomo 10th anny champagne, macanudo cafe, and oliva Connecticut
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Owner is from D.C.  Go figure...
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 9:30:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yea it figures. ...

Thanks guys for all the recommendations... Gives me a lot to think about and try.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm sitting at my favorite shop now. XDs IWB, and about four other guys in the room that are not LE and I KNOW are carrying.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/sU3aaW" target="_blank">https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7797/17654154836_bd96a2f660_z.jpg</a>20150514_122655-1 by sky_soldier_82nd, on Flickr

And quickly turned around and left... never even set foot in the door....  to say the least I was disappointed...  

As far as I know they are the only shop that is somewhat local to me...  

Now.. it is his store and his choice to not want those "EVIL" guns in his shop...but its my money and my choice not to spend money there..

You guys ever run into this kind of thing?  

WP

PS....

View Quote

It's very rare to see a "no guns" sign at all in my neck of the woods, but I would have left too.

I'm a BIG fan of the Rocky Patel Vintage 99 connecticut.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Not affixed to any cigar shop I visit!!!

Thanks for the heads up brother!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Yea..the owner of my shop is former PD.. half the local  force and other municipalities patron his shop..
woe be it unto Any dindu looking for an easy score.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yea it figures. ...  

Thanks guys for all the recommendations... Gives me a lot to think about and try.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yea it figures. ...  

That's the problem these days.

Too damn many imports in NC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top