Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2015 8:13:58 PM EDT
So I cracked open my humidor and saw mold on my humidifiers. I freaked out and thought I had lost all my cigars yet after inspection none of them were growing mold. What can cause this? Should I toss my collection to be safe? I really don't know what to do right now.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I cracked open my humidor and saw mold on my humidifiers. I freaked out and thought I had lost all my cigars yet after inspection none of them were growing mold. What can cause this? Should I toss my collection to be safe? I really don't know what to do right now.
View Quote

Send it to me for disposal.

It could either be either mold which wont rub off or ploom which will rub off.

Might need pictures though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
If actually mold.

Wipe off it is on the wrapper.

Toss if it is visible on the foot.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Was your humidifier the gel type?  if so and it looks brown, chances are its not actually mold.  Xikar released an announcement that its a side effect of how the beads are manufactured ...
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd switch to boveda also to prevent this in the future
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Was your humidifier the gel type?  if so and it looks brown, chances are its not actually mold.  Xikar released an announcement that its a side effect of how the beads are manufactured ...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it's gel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top