Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2015 5:45:23 PM EDT
Stopped in earlier just to see what they had. When I walked in, I wan't very impressed.

Then a guy who was working there (who turned out to be Marc, the owner) saw the confused look on my face and said the cigars are through that door to my left. My jaw hit the damn floor . This is the only pic on the internet that I can find, and it's a little less than half of what they have. I was literally tripping over boxes of stuff. *edit: oh yea, those are bras hanging off the ceiling

Go through that door and look left and there's 2 more isles full of stuff and there's a rack in the middle of the room where the pic was taken. There are THOUSANDS of boxes in here, and thousands more in the basement of the building.

Sooo I gave in to compulsion and picked up:

1 Don Diego Fuerte
1 La Gloria Cubana Serie R
2 A. Fuente Short Story Maduro
1 Kentucky Fire Cured
1 Padron 45th Anniversary
1 Liga Pravada #9
1 $3 unbanded no name cigar
1 A Fuente Between The Lines (pic below)

Well, since I was there and just got off work, I plopped down in a chair and lit up one of the short story maduros, and oh man was it good. Best cigar I've had in a long time. I didn't get any of the rotten egg taste I usually get towards the end, and I smoked that sucker down to my finger tips. Then I figured, eh what the hell, they don't close till 6, so I lit the no name cigar. Was pretty good for a $3 cigar.

As I was smoking, several members of their club showed up and just started grabbing shit off the shelves (or out of their personal stashes they had) and lighting them up, and telling Marc what they had so he could write it down. I spent 2 and a half hours bullshitting with them, and talked with the owner a bit about what he thought of the pending unbanning of Cubans. He said he'd stock up on them when they became legal (He's heard maybe 4 or 5 years down the road), but they weren't anything to get excited over, which I knew. What I didn't know was apparently, Cubans used to be rolled in Tampa, FL and only made up 2.5% of cigar sales in the entire US. We both agreed that they'd make decent $5 sticks, but no way are they really worth $20. I think this place will be a weekly or bi weekly place for me to swing by.

They also had several titty mags sitting out, which I thought was a nice touch. .
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Told you it was nice. I stop when I'm over there.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:59:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Most of the cigar shops down here are "classy" places.

There were 2 or 3 that actually had a dress code.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I thoroughly enjoyed the place. It could stand a good cleaning, but the environment was nice. Definitely a guys place.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I think Saturdays are the best down there.   Some of the members will actually bring enough food for a party.    I'm 35 now, but I remember going down there in elementary school every Father's Day weekend with my dad, to pick up a few good cigars to give my grandfather a break from his "everyday" cigar, Marsh Wheelings  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top