Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2015 6:59:54 PM EDT
Be careful

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, especially since I know a lot of us...strike that....all of us order from cbid, which is a CI site.

I have personally never had any issues with cigars I have ordered from CI or cbid.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I have.......some fake opus x maduros from cbid.
Big stink came out about them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the issue? I have a friend who works there, fairly high up. If something is hinkey I'll reach out to him.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The flag WAS raised...people spoke...at first there was resistance but after more than just one or two called foul...CI stepped up.
At least that's what I remember....Tarkington..., was your experience the same?

And...I also had some issues in the past...orders of mine either damaged, infested or wrong but in my experience, once CI was made aware, they owned it and made it right.
This is why I still order from them.

Echo
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the issue? I have a friend who works there, fairly high up. If something is hinkey I'll reach out to him.

The flag WAS raised...people spoke...at first there was resistance but after more than just one or two called foul...CI stepped up.

And...I also had some issues in the past...orders of mine either damaged, infested or wrong but in my experience, once CI was made aware, they owned it and made it right.

Echo

Glad to her they made it right.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Echo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Echo

I still use cbid, who's going to fake LADC?
I just won't touch the high end cigars on there, Fuente stuff anyway.
I never contacted them about the sticks I bought.
Heard a lot on other boards about fake opus from there, next thing you know all fuente stuff was
gone from cbid.
It's back now, saw some opus on there recently.

eta: just watched the video, most of the cheapest cigars you probably get what you pay for.
I hadn't even heard of Los Blanco he did say they were advertised as long filler, but full of trash.
What I bought were opus maduros.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:54:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I've ordered roughly 20 times from CI and I've only had a problem with FedEx, UPS or USPS.

They've never fucked my order up or sent me anything wrong.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#8]
So, is the fake cigar problem corrected or is there still an issue?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So, is the fake cigar problem corrected or is there still an issue?
View Quote

Aparently since the video is recent. I would imagine this is happening with sample packs and not full boxes although it is a possibility.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting comments on the video. Apparently that cigar is sold by CI for only $1.63... You get what you pay for?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Interesting comments on the video. Apparently that cigar is sold by CI for only $1.63... You get what you pay for?
View Quote

He (CO guy) claims they are sold as "long filler" cigars.  If that is true, that is not cool.  But, yeah, what do you expect for that price?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:06:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I try to limit my buying from cbid to a min.  Mainly because I find myself saying spending way more than I planned upon signing in.  That buy now button gets me every time.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I try to limit my buying from cbid to a min.  Mainly because I find myself saying spending way more than I planned upon signing in.  That buy now button gets me every time.
View Quote

Yeah I spent $800 there one week... Ouch
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

NOW THAT IS A SPREE THAT EVEN MAKES ECHO SAY.......WHOA!!!!!     That's commitment right there boys!!!    This is how The Humidor does things!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I spent $800 there one week... Ouch

NOW THAT IS A SPREE THAT EVEN MAKES ECHO SAY.......WHOA!!!!!     That's commitment right there boys!!!    This is how The Humidor does things!

Well it included a $200 Stanwell Christmas pipe and a couple lighters, but about $500 in sticks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I wish I could drop 800 in cigars/pipe stuff.  I think the most I've spent is 200 for about 80 sticks from CI.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:26:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I wish I could drop 800 in cigars/pipe stuff.  I think the most I've spent is 200 for about 80 sticks from CI.
View Quote

It was a one time thing. Most orders are under $200, and I haven't ordered in a year at least.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#20]
I think $250 is the most that I ever dropped at once with CI/Cbidebbil...

80 601 Blues at at time sounds about right

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I think $250 is the most that I ever dropped at once with CI/Cbidebbil...

80 601 Blues at at time sounds about right

View Quote

Oh I bet that was a lovely sight!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top