Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2015 1:44:53 PM EDT
The title pretty much says it all. I would really like to avoid being in the delivery room and I think that passing out cigars in the waiting room would be a nice old timey thing to do instead. What do you guys suggest?
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I handed out Chateau Fuente robusto's for my first, and Rocky Patel "It's a Girl" for my second.
Both were good sticks. Still have a few of each in the humi I break out on their birthdays. (Bought 2 boxes of each)

I wasn't about to break the bank because a lot of my family and friend wouldn't actua smoke them or wouldn't know a good cigar from a Swisher. Those friends who do enjoy a nice cigar found them quite satisfying especially compared to what most guys hand out.

If I had more funds allocated, I would've gone with something from My Father, probably Flor de las Antillas.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:17:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, don't avoid the delivery room.
Watching my daughters' births were precious experiences I will never forget.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The title pretty much says it all. I would really like to avoid being in the delivery room and I think that passing out cigars in the waiting room would be a nice old timey thing to do instead. What do you guys suggest?
View Quote

Pass out cheap cigars unless you know they actually smoke cigars.
And get you ass in there, It's a wonderful experience.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck Rocky Patel and his inconsistent bullshit cigars.  In case you were wondering, Rocky Patel dyes his maduro wrappers on his cigars.
View Quote

This is why they fall apart.

I have a few left and after that no more Rocky for me.

OP get in the room. I was there for the first and the next one in 6 months.

I didnt hand out cigars on the first go around.

I had just lost my Dad and my grandfather was ill during that time.

This next time, I dont care if anybody joins me.

I will smoke it by myself.

Especially if its a boy.

If its a boy I will enjoy every last puff.

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#6]
My Father cigars by Pepin
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oliva Connecticut.

<snip>
View Quote

Second this.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I still have a pack of My Father waiting to crack open and celebrate the birth of my 6 month old nephew. We're waiting to light up until the whole family can be there and it just hasn't happened yet. Get your butt in the delivery room. Mom will need you and you'll instantly fall in love with your new baby.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Oliva Connecticut.

They won't kill the people who don't normally smoke, aren't that expensive, and are better than Rock Patel shit.

Fuck Rocky Patel and his inconsistent bullshit cigars.  In case you were wondering, Rocky Patel dyes his maduro wrappers on his cigars.
View Quote

Quality recommendation.

If you wanted to spend a little more, I would go with Padron Maduros.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:22:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Here:  Arturo Fuente New Baby Cigar
Not a bad cigar, relatively low prices, hand out to those who don't smoke much, the rest, leave in humidor and let them age for a few years, they get to be pretty good.
and for the cigar guys:
Nothing but Padron Hammer or 80th will justify the celebration.    (BTW, that means us here, congrat.  )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top