Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2015 10:52:08 AM EDT
I haven't been able to get on the puff.com website for about a week now.  Is anyone able to get on it?

Any recommendations for good cigar message forums?
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#1]
cigarasylum
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I was wondering the same thing.  Glad it's not just me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I just registed on the asylum.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:16:19 PM EDT
[#4]
There have been dozens of Puff guys showing up at botl.org over the last week or so.  Great site.  I'm the same user name over there.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 8:34:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, Jason.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know what is going on with Puff?  Servers crash or did the owner not pay a bill or what?
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#7]
From what little info I read, the owner of the site likes to buy similiar types of message forums and merges them together for marketing/advertising purposes.  Then if it does not give him the result he wants, he shuts the consolidated site down.  I guess he did that with several IT related sites in the past.  Now it looks like Puff might be headed down that same road.

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#8]
This was posted on facebook...

Fellow Puffers, It's beginning to look as though our site owner isn't going to be re-launching Puff. While heartbreaking, especially for me, it's completely beyond my control. Instead, we've created an alternative site! Cigarum.com is our new refuge. It will be run with all the familiar stuff we loved at Puff, without much of the stuff we didn't. The biggest thing that will continue is the strong, virtually unique sense of community we fostered there. It will be a place to tie up loose ends; complete unfinished business left dangling by Puff. Contests and other events may be freely posted and there will be no getting fussed at for references to Puff. Please bear with us, as it's going to be very "bare-bones" in the beginning. We launched it in this state, just so we could get something up and running for you to be able to continue your various efforts. Don't worry about posting in the wrong forum for the time being. Heck, there's ONLY one forum for now, LOL! So, we invite you all to join us there and continue the party!
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Just a note, the site is cigarbum.com
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I've signed up on both botl and cigar asylum.  I like both but botl seems to have a lot more activity, at least since I found them.  Great info and folks on both sites.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Well that sucks. I liked Puff, though I haven't been on in a while. I got too frustrated losing all of my "money" in the game room

I'll have to check out cigar asylum as well.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 12:47:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Stogie Friends for all the cool people who left Puff back when it was first becoming a shit hole.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 11:58:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:25:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I seen it too. They were rolling earlier today.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:40:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Here's the Email:

To our loyal Puff.com members,

I would like to sincerely apologize for Puff being down and unstable for as long as it was. We understand how frustrating and upsetting it has been for you. Unfortunately as some of you may or may not know, my husband, Jon Caputo, who I owned Puff with, passed away a while ago. I really tried my best to keep up with the site and deal with the loss of my husband and the father of my children but it has really proven too much for me and I need to focus my attention elsewhere.

I was recently contacted by a business associate of mine who knew what I was going through and he connected me with a few friends of his who offered to work with me to stabilize Puff as well give the members everything that they want and need including servers that are up and online 24 hours a day 7 days a week, a new mobile app that so many of you have been looking for as well as solid contact people should anyone ever need anything.

We realize that alternatives are out there and we will do our best to make sure that Puff becomes the home that you grew to love. We will need some help and input from you because it is very important to us that you are happy.

We are in the process of upgrading to newer, faster servers and we hope this will not only fix stability issues but also improve the experience of the site. In addition, we will be removing some of the advertising from the site to further speed it up and improve your overall experience. We realize that any downtime after such a long period of the site being down is unwelcome but we believe that it will be for the better in the long run.

Members of the new support team will be available to answer questions in the following thread:
http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/forum-announcements-please-read/340755-puff-com-questions-answers-moving-forward.html

Please understand your needs have always been important and will continue to be so. I, in no way ever intended any harm to the site or it’s reputation. I was just dealing with a number of personal issues and I ask for your patience and understanding in this very difficult time. Your support has always been a great source of motivation for me and it is needed now more than ever. Again, thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Shari
http://www.Puff.com/ Co-Founder
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#19]
It seems like karma to me, Jon Caputo ruined TONS of websites with his consolidation schemes.

Although I guess I could blame the people running sites that sold out to him, it really decimated everything in the cigar community that I was in, at least now I spend more on other more interesting hobbies
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:46:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess I won't be getting nasty PM's from Jon Caputo anymore.

I called Jon an asshole on BOTL and he sent me a PM saying that I should delete it because he was not an asshole.  I replied "Fuck You"
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I quit going over there after it transitioned from Club Stogie to Puff. It was never quite the same.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It seems like karma to me, Jon Caputo ruined TONS of websites with his consolidation schemes.

Although I guess I could blame the people running sites that sold out to him, it really decimated everything in the cigar community that I was in, at least now I spend more on other more interesting hobbies
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
There have been dozens of Puff guys showing up at botl.org over the last week or so.  Great site.  I'm the same user name over there.
View Quote

Been a member on there for awhile.  Though I rarely ever post, just read.  Do they kill your account for inactivity?  Wouldnt let me log in
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top