Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2015 11:08:09 PM EDT
Just moved in the last two weeks. My humidors are going to be moved professionaly soon. But in the meantime I thought I would hit up some local brick and mortar stores. I typed in Cigar Store in XXX area which is a suburb of a top 10 population metro area. I got lots of hits. Too bad 99% of them were either vapping shops or bong shops and for whatever reason they were listed as "cigar stores".
Driving to one in the morning that looks promising, wish me luck. I called and asked if they even had a walk in humidor.

The upside is I just got a box at the UPS store and cigar shipments start arriving next week.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Salt Lake City, I recommend The Tinder Box. Owned by a guy I used to tailgate with. Go Utes!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:10:11 AM EDT
[#2]
There's a local place that's pretty weak but has the basics and another about an hour away with a small selection of decent sticks. To have any sort of decent selection requires a ~3 hour per way trip down to Sacramento. I know that feel
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:41:40 AM EDT
[#3]
there's an app for that....

http://cigarshoplocator.com/

I haven't used it, but i heard it works.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I tried that. Most of the ones it suggested were out of business, or had moved. I'm glad I called ahead.

Maybe because it's growing fast here they haven't updated.

I did find one today. Picked up a few cigars. Oddly enough out of the 10 people there about 1/3 were women, and not old hags as well.

I felt really out of place. I parked between a Porche and a Ferrari.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I tried that. Most of the ones it suggested were out of business, or had moved. I'm glad I called ahead.

I did find one today. Picked up a few cigars. Oddly enough out of the 10 people there about 1/3 were women, and not old hags as well.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry it didnt work for ya.
A pretty girl smoking a cigar looks strange to me also. I have seen a few at the lounges.
I wanted to tell them it was unbecoming, and they would wrinkle up before their time.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd be gone before then....none of them were smoking. They were shopping, they may have been buying for someone else.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess I'm lucky to have a couple B&Ms in the area, but my favorite two have gone under in the last couple of years.

I'm also smoking a lot less now than I used to.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure there are quite a few here, but if you google search they get thrown in with vaping stores, bong stores, and places that sell cigs and chewing tobacco only.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#9]
where in Texas?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Just north of San Antonio. I found what appears to be a good one. Just blindly googling them didn't work well. I've only been here a few days and really don't know much of the area.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#11]
look for smoker friendly.

I've looked for a B&M and got nothing but looked up them and found many will have a walk in humidor.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I found one that has a few places around San Antnoio. One was pretty close to me. Club humidor. Some of the locations have private member only smoking lounges and such. This one is just a store with an open lounge. I will say when I went in at 10am on a Saturday they had probably 10-12 people smoking there already.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:08:28 AM EDT
[#13]
What major metro area?  Some are simply better than others.  Atlanta is ok, Greenville has a few ok places,...a lot depends on a population with disposable income.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:10:56 AM EDT
[#14]
The good ones around me are gone.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a few solid ones, but they're about 30 mins or so away each.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#16]
That is a real downer.  Im in NE ohio and we have a great little store thats been around since the dark ages.  You walk in and you always have 4-5 gentlemen puffing away at some excellent cigars.  Its great to chat with these guys there alway's recommending great testers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#17]
One of the ones I liked here has had to close and move twice for rent increases (each time after they finished setting the place up perfectly).

Sounds like the hole in the wall place my buddy lived at in Lexington, KY is closing too.

Sometimes I want to be able to get one quick, sample before I buy a lot?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top