Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2014 3:47:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it shut tight?  I found mine maintains humidity a lot better and for a longer period if I place something on top to hold the lid shut tight.  I have had 3 Chinese specials over the years, and none of the lids sealed tight.  I use Boveda packs.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 7:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the same one as you and unfortunately, the same issues.  I shit canned it and bought a cooler along with some heartfelt beads.   Filled said cooler with cigars, some cedar trays, and cigar boxes that I acquired.  No more humidity issues for me.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:11:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Humidors are like guns, buy once cry once. I use all wood humidors now.

This is what I have now. Hever had any issues with it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Problem number 1 is that empty humidors are very difficult to maintain humidity...  You need to fill that thing up!  Seriously though, when you're less than 1/2 full it's difficult.

What are you using to measure the relative humidity in the humidor?  If it's the analog hygrometer that's on the face of the humidor, I can almost guarantee it isn't accurate.  Get a digital hygrometer that you can calibrate such as the Caliber IV.

Beyond that, try to find any leaks around the seal and especially around the glass.  What are you using for humidification?  You can't over humidify using Boveda.  You can literally throw 100 Boveda packs in there and it'll just maintain that humidity level.

I'm a huge Boveda fan if you can't tell.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top