Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2014 12:19:02 PM EDT
I wasn't sure what to call this but here is my situation. I used to smoke cigars at least one/day. Now it's more of one every two months or longer. Here is where the problem lies. When I have a cigar now, it feels like it stays with me for a day. I can wake up the next morning and my mouth tastes like an ashtray. Is there something in the way I smoke it the night before that I am doing wrong since I haven't smoked in months? I don't remember it staying with me so bad the next morning, but it has been like that the past three or four times and one of the reasons I've stopped smoking.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of cigars are you smoking?
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuentes, man o wars, oliva, kristoff, liga, nubs, God of fire. It's not the cigars. They taste great during and immediately after. It's mainly the morning after. I thought it was maybe that I was smoking them too fast.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
If you don't like it you can send them to me

Every now and then I will get real bad dry mouth from smoking a cigar and it will stick with me for a day or 2.  Other than that I have no idea what would cause a cigar to "stick" with you.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 2:32:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I get the same situation when I smoke too fast.  I'm a fiend...
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 2:33:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Smoke slower.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#7]
use Biotene mouth rinse...
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

use Biotene mouth rinse...
View Quote
QFT

If you aren't getting any bitterness during or after your cigar I don't believe you're smoking too fast.  I used Biotene when I would get tongue bite from smoking pipes and it would heal it almost immediately.  I brush pretty often and use biotin and don't notice any dragon breath or anything and I smoke 1-2 cigars per day.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:52:22 PM EDT
[#9]
The after effects are much more pronounced for me if I am only smoking occasionally. I barely notice them when I'm smoking every day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top