Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2014 7:18:15 PM EDT
So far my favorites are Romeo y Julieta 1875, reserve and real reserve. is there any other brands that have a similar taste/experience? I've tried some other brands but from research the RyJ seem to be medium cigars and the others were full flavored. any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Talk to your local shop. They can usually make recommendations based on your tastes. I frequent three local shops that carry popular inventories but each one also carries brands that the others don't. You'll eventually find a few that will be favorites then they can help to recommend something "different" but within your taste.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 4:43:18 AM EDT
[#3]
hard to out do the first two responses.

just wanted to say welcome
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:01:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree, sample, sample, sample.  go to cigar monster.com. it makes sampling easy, 5 at a time.  I was told to always at least buy 2 of a new to you stick. One may not taste right but the next one will be awesome. Keep pics on you phone of ones you like, for easy reference. If someone finds an app that works on android let me know.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:53:17 PM EDT
[#5]

A couple of good ones to start:

San Cristobal: Revelation Prophet
Crowned heads: Four Kicks
La Aroma De Cuba: Mi Amor
My Father: Connecticut Corona Gorda
Oliva Serie O (or "G" for a light smoke)

Not saying they are exactly like the RyJ, but similar. Also, try the RyJ  Habana Reserve Churchill and maybe pick up a Victor Sinclair Connecticut Yankee.

I have greatly enjoyed all of these.  Only been seriously smoking for about four months, so others palates/recommendations might be worth listening too!

KingoftheBumps

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the advice folks.  I've ordered a few samplers and i have my first humidor on the way.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
hard to out do the first two responses.

just wanted to say welcome
View Quote

Agreed,  and do yourself a favor and find / pick up one of these: Cabaiguan Guapos

Probably my favorite of the Mild to Medium cigars, along with the Oliva Melanio, and Illusione Epernay

Report back with your findings too!

Picture for shits/giggles
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top