Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2014 6:57:21 AM EDT
Hey Finally got here and settled in. There is a british px here, and went and got my self a couple of cohibas. Not to shabby at all. They guy that i relieved has a humidor and just passed it on to me. I open it up and its completly dried out. So now i am just waiting till i get it re-seasoned, and then its game on. I am lucky this time around, i have a group of guys that we smoke a cigar every night.

I know a couple of you all knew i was deploying. So from a far away land, light up my brothers, because i know i will!
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for your service and stay safe!  

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:25:37 AM EDT
[#2]
i always passed on my humi to the new guy when over there
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Be safe over there!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for your service and, like the other guys said, stay safe!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:43:35 AM EDT
[#7]
thank you all! hopefully this time all i have to deal with is paper cuts, it has been a lot diffrent then my last deplyoment!

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:36:52 PM EDT
[#8]
If you can, find a chapter of the Tali-Banned Cigar Aficionado Club (TCAC). If you're in Kabul I know the embassy and the airport have chapters (not sure if Dubbs closed down, but Phoenix had one till they shut the base down).

Over there, we always bought from Cigars International, they had fast shipping (5-7 days) and I do not know of any issues.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:36:54 AM EDT
[#9]
yeah I just got my first set of stuff, mostly humidor clean up, and I got it relatively quickly. Funny, I was sitting outside last night and a guy walked by and invited me to a cigar club event that apparently takes place every Friday. so that's pretty sweet.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:25:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Enjoy!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Dang stay safe.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:56:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You should think about passing me your APO....restocking is my speciality!!!
Echo
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey Finally got here and settled in. There is a british px here, and went and got my self a couple of cohibas. Not to shabby at all. They guy that i relieved has a humidor and just passed it on to me. I open it up and its completly dried out. So now i am just waiting till i get it re-seasoned, and then its game on. I am lucky this time around, i have a group of guys that we smoke a cigar every night.

I know a couple of you all knew i was deploying. So from a far away land, light up my brothers, because i know i will!

Echo

In
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:42:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

In
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Echo

In

going to im you boss, I already im'd echo
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:44:38 AM EDT
[#14]
thank you all, its great knowing people actually care we are still over here.

good note, i have converted half of my squad into cigar smokers....

and one old cranky guy into a pipe smoker, i dont know how that happend. lol. i dont even have any of my pipe stuff here.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
... Funny, I was sitting outside last night and a guy walked by and invited me to a cigar club event that apparently takes place every Friday. so that's pretty sweet. ...
View Quote

Yea that sounds like what we had, if the club has a symbol of a camel smoking a cigar that is TCAC. They open it up anyone so you get to meet some interesting people, we had some Irish guys, an Aussie sheila (lingo for female) that smoked with us who was interesting (and confirmed the Australian government pays for boob jobs).

Just curious, what part are you in? RC-east, west, south, north, or capitol? Hopefully not Bagram or some huge base like that, it is more garrison than "combat zone" type with its restrictions (PT belt at night, salute, ect)
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:45:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I am in south as i n the last post in the south, its  pretty much garrison. I am kind of enjoying be a pog this time. its crazy though, i am working my ass off, i thought working in an office would be easy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top