Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2014 5:38:19 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a good, cheap source of Spanish cedar?  It doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to be useable
as shelves in a coolerdor.  Probably 3/8" to 1/2" thick, and something that would be easy to make approximately
12"x16.25" shelves.  And I only need enough for maybe 5 or so shelves.  What would be a good place to get small
amounts of cedar with decent shipping?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Why Woodcraft of course

Or you could google a local hardwood dealer.  They can usually order stuff they don't have on hand.  EX, I use Wurth wood group here in Charlotte when the local Woodcraft store can't get me what I want (rare)
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why Woodcraft of course

Or you could google a local hardwood dealer.  They can usually order stuff they don't have on hand.  EX, I use Wurth wood group here in Charlotte when the local Woodcraft store can't get me what I want (rare)
View Quote

Thanks.  I looked, and I figure it would be about 8 pieces for the size they have (3/8"x4"x36"), and when I added it to my cart, I
couldn't see what the shipping was like.  There's actually a Woodcraft store not too far from here, but they didn't have enough
in stock.  I wonder if I can do a ship-to-store sort of thing.

I just looked a little further, and it'd be $9.99 to ship, so about $100 for the whole thing...

Thanks again, Covertness
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#3]
You're more than welcome. Most Woodcraft stores can order almost any kind of wood you can think of.  If you pick it up at the store there's no shipping.

And if you need help or advise building whatever it is your building, feel free to contact me.

ETA. Bonus of picking it up is that you can pick through the boards and make sure you're not getting. Upped or warped boards.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top