Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2014 3:46:05 PM EDT
On a empty stomach for a guy that is fairly new to cigar smoking was a real kick in the teeth. Really enjoyed it but I won't make that mistake again.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I did that to a friend once, felt bad after.

Echo told someone in another thread to drink something like Dr. Pepper or root beer if you start feeling sick.  I have found it helped the last few times I had a stick.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I had sweet tea I was sipping on hit me like a ton of bricks. I smoke cigarettes on a daily basis didn't inhale the cigar put me on my but for sure.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#3]
This is my go to cigar.
I have a couple boxes of their double robusto in my humidor, one aging, and the other for smoking.
Typically takes me 2 hours to get through one, but the nicotine only creeps up on me occasionally towards the end.
Great cigar for the price, and haven't found a better one.
Just take your time while smoking after eating, and grab a sugary drink if needed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Good cigar, I had one last weekend, have a few more waiting in the humidor.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#5]
That's funny, I had a torpedo last weekend and it didn't hit me that hard.  I'd had a Padron 3000 the day before on a
fairly empty stomach and I started feeling it about half way through and stopped before I felt too bad...
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I am gonna give one another try tomorrow. I only smoke cigars on the weekends. I had a black patch select torpedo today and really enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:57:41 AM EDT
[#7]
fantastic cigar, but boy, better have some food in ya.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:55:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree that the V is so smooth that the huge dose of vitamin N it packs sneaks up on you.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Those are tasty...think I have a few in the humidor now.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 12:47:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Great cigar, very rough for your circumstances though.  It's one, like the Man O War Ruination, that you should develop a basic palate for before smoking to truly enjoy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top