Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2014 11:30:34 AM EDT
What say The Humidor? Should I bother bringing anything (cigars and smoking supplies) or plan to bring anything back? I heard it's a hassle.

Also, to anyone that has gone, any tips for finding a good cigar there?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:02:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Bumping this since I'm leaving in a week.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I brought back some cigars from Mexico a few years ago. Wrote it on my declaration. They (border control) didn't seem to care.  Flew back through Dallas. Things may have changed since.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DO NOT buy anything unless it is from a La Casa del Habano store.

View Quote

THIS... even then I heard a few stories of fakes making their way into the shop as well.  Usually on the high end brand names and special releases.

ANY place that is based on a tourist trade will have this type of problem.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I have not replied to this thread because I am jelly.
Do what the others said and have fun. Remember some of the best cigars are found on Cbid
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:49:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Buy nothing off a cart or near the beach.
Last time I was there...nothing of quality could be found but I pack cigars so I didn't look that hard.

Cohiba has a shop there but I never did find it.
LaCasa del Habano was the nicest place I found but the prices were jacked up....liquids were cheap though.

Echo
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What say The Humidor? Should I bother bringing anything (cigars and smoking supplies) or plan to bring anything back? I heard it's a hassle.

Also, to anyone that has gone, any tips for finding a good cigar there?

Buy nothing off a cart or near the beach.
Last time I was there...nothing of quality could be found but I pack cigars so I didn't look that hard.

Cohiba has a shop there but I never did find it.
LaCasa del Habano was the nicest place I found but the prices were jacked up....liquids were cheap though.

Echo

If it were me.  I wouldn't buy any cigars in Mexico!  99% fakes!  Even the Casa del Habano's are riddled with fakes.  Almost all of the Cigar Forums are posting to stay away even from the once ligit shops.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 3:09:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I dont have any intell to help, but have fun,

I would personally bring a little travel humi just in case.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:29:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I made it. I haven't had a chance to go adventuring but I was handed this at a wedding party tonight...

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:31:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
DO NOT buy anything unless it is from a La Casa del Habano store.

View Quote

This...Personally I'd just take my own. Where I stayed in Playa del Car,en had a small humidor inside the main lobby; mostly Cohibas but they were the real thing. They were priced out of sight and since I brought my own I passed;
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 3:32:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks fake.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 4:40:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I made it. I haven't had a chance to go adventuring but I was handed this at a wedding party tonight...

View Quote

Hope it smoked ok but I can tell just by the band that its fake, too many white squares above Cohiba among other signs.  Hope your having a good time.

Spot Fake Cohiba

Spot Fakes
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hope it smoked ok but I can tell just by the band that its fake, too many white squares above Cohiba among other signs.  Hope your having a good time.

Spot Fake Cohiba

Spot Fakes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i62.tinypic.com/vwzcs5.jpg]http://i62.tinypic.com/vwzcs5.jpg]http://i62.tinypic.com/vwzcs5.jpg

Spot Fake Cohiba

Spot Fakes

That was my guess. I'll be heading to la casa later for sure.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#14]
What do you plan to buy there?
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:28:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top