Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2014 1:48:23 PM EDT
Smoking the World's Most Expensive Cigar

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/gurkha-his-majesty-s-reserve-world-s-most-expensive-cigar-GN8GK740QoqaMz~UPKzgzg.html

jokes aside... Ive had good Ghurkas... Ive had TERRIBLE Ghurkas... but to make that claim with a straight face...
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Same for me:  too inconsistent to gamble on.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll bet it tastes like poo.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a deal from CI earlier this month.  16 gurhkas plus a nice lighter for $55.

So far, they're either flavorful and enjoyable, or taste like wet cardboard.  They've all burned evenly and nicely.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Regus sold one for 40,000 pounds, or about $66,000 USD.

Suck it Gurkha.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Akhil likes to come over to Athens and party with the guys at my local cigar shop. I'm sure all of the cute college girls running around helps.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:03:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gurkha cigars are dog shit.
View Quote

They are the Range Rovers of the cigar world.  Over priced and shitty.

If you want the rolls royce you either want Liga Privada or Davidoff.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#8]
After ten years of working in the cigar business, I've only managed to find 3 Gurkhas that I enjoy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:09:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

lol.  no.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gurkha cigars are dog shit.

They are the Range Rovers of the cigar world.  Over priced and shitty.

If you want the rolls royce you either want Liga Privada or Davidoff.

lol.  no.  

Davidoff is too weak on the vitamin N for me to enjoy.  LFD DL700 ftw.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I've never had a Ghurka that I've liked enough to smoke a second of. Not to say they're not good cigars - just not my style.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've never had a Ghurka that I've liked enough to smoke a second of. Not to say they're not good cigars - just not my style.
View Quote

Ive had 2 that I thought... "wow everyone says these suck... I thought those were good" then I had a 2nd one of each... "wut? *checks bands* yeah they dont know what they are doing over there"
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Problem with Ghurka is:
Ghurka do not own a tobacco farm, they purchase all their tobacco, which means, the quality of the tobacco are not consistent.
Ghurka do not own a rolling factory, they contract whatever factory that have excess capacity, which worsen their inconsistency.

Ghurka do make attractive boxes and have good marketing, to prop up their products.

I had some Ghurkas and most were lousy.
I used to like their G3 and the Legend line, as I said, used to.  I am tired of either plugged or exploding cigars, which is quite common with Gurkha, and that is after at least a year of aging.

I seriously doubt Clinton smoke their HMR, he might be paid to say that, and have a story fabricated...  Remember, Ghurka marketing is one of the best in the industry.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Problem with Ghurka is:
Ghurka do not own a tobacco farm, they purchase all their tobacco, which means, the quality of the tobacco are not consistent.
Ghurka do not own a rolling factory, they contract whatever factory that have excess capacity, which worsen their inconsistency.

Ghurka do make attractive boxes and have good marketing, to prop up their products.

I had some Ghurkas and most were lousy.
I used to like their G3 and the Legend line, as I said, used to.  I am tired of either plugged or exploding cigars, which is quite common with Gurkha, and that is after at least a year of aging.

I seriously doubt Clinton smoke their HMR, he might be paid to say that, and have a story fabricated...  Remember, Ghurka marketing is one of the best in the industry.
View Quote

That's because the owner made his money doing packaging design for Macy's, if I recall correctly.
He isn't a cigar smoker. He has people for that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Same for me:  too inconsistent to gamble on.
View Quote

My experience as well.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:59:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I really like their Legend cigars.  One of my go to sticks.  Not impressed with any of their others, though.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is amazing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top