Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2014 11:30:30 AM EDT
I'm a summer smoker. Mostly summer/early fall evenings out back on the patio with a fire going in the pit and a bottle of wine by my side.

Checking my humidor last night it became glaringly obvious that my stock has significantly dwindled. It's been awhile since I've had a Liga Privada #9 so I ordered a 5 pack online. After the sticker shock wore off I'm wanting to acquire some more sticks.

So with that I'm looking for some suggestions being I've been out of the loop for a spell. My preferred size FWIW is the Robusto

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
1.) check out the whatcha got lit up right now thread.
2.) go to c-bid
3.) buy camacho & anything by Don Pepin Garcia, tatuaje & Aj fernandez.
4.) dont listen to echo

5.) find me DW's address & get a free fiver.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't go wrong with the following:

Undercrown - basically a cheaper version of the #9
Don Pepin Garcia Blue
Tatuaje Havana VI
Torano 50 Years

These are all darker cigars. Many others I would say, but since you mentioned the Liga #9, these would probably be right up your ally. Oh, and they can all be had much much cheaper than the #9.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Snapped a pic of my meager collection.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#5]
If you like the #9, try the Undercrown Corona Viva.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1.) check out the whatcha got lit up right now thread.
2.) go to c-bid
3.) buy camacho & anything by Don Pepin Garcia, tatuaje & Aj fernandez.
4.) dont listen to echo

5.) find me DW's address & get a free fiver.
View Quote

hmmmmmm I might have this
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don Pepin Garcia Blue
Tatuaje Havana VI
Torano 50 Years

These are all darker cigars. Many others I would say, but since you mentioned the Liga #9, these would probably be right up your ally. Oh, and they can all be had much much cheaper than the #9.
View Quote

I knew better than to wander down here into this forum.
Ordered up some Undercrown and Tatuaje
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don Pepin Garcia Blue
Tatuaje Havana VI
Torano 50 Years

Very good choices! Let us know what you think of them. Curios to see how you feel about the Undercrown compared to the #9. I like the #9, but actually prefer the Undercrown to it. Also, the Liga T52 is damn tasty, but they are pretty much the same price as a #9.

And you made a good choice coming to the humidor. Some crazies in here, but we'll never steer you toward a bad smoke. This section is actually the main reason I even visit ar15.com now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Very good choices! Let us know what you think of them. Curios to see how you feel about the Undercrown compared to the #9. I like the #9, but actually prefer the Undercrown to it. Also, the Liga T52 is damn tasty, but they are pretty much the same price as a #9.

And you made a good choice coming to the humidor. Some crazies in here, but we'll never steer you toward a bad smoke. This section is actually the main reason I even visit ar15.com now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don Pepin Garcia Blue
Tatuaje Havana VI
Torano 50 Years

Thanks. Should also be noted that the CBid accout has been created.  HUUUUGE mistake.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Why? Why did I click on this thread? I just did the CI build your own sampler. 5 Ave Maria Knights Templar, 5 Ghurka Titan XOs, 5 Graycliff Platnum Series, and 5 Punch Bareknuckle Pitas. $350 worth for $60.  I hate all of you.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:09:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks. Should also be noted that the CBid accout has been created.  HUUUUGE mistake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don Pepin Garcia Blue
Tatuaje Havana VI
Torano 50 Years

I refer to it as the best mistake I ever made. Just make sure you set it up with once a week shipping.

This is another place I order from way too much.....CIGAR MONSTER
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:28:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I refer to it as the best mistake I ever made. Just make sure you set it up with once a week shipping.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don Pepin Garcia Blue
Tatuaje Havana VI
Torano 50 Years

And don't forget cigar auctioneer.com (famous' auction site). They even have a feature to see past auction
prices. I use the site for famous nic 3000, but a lot of padron, liga, tat, etc. get my bids also.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why? Why did I click on this thread? I just did the CI build your own sampler. 5 Ave Maria Knights Templar, 5 Ghurka Titan XOs, 5 Graycliff Platnum Series, and 5 Punch Bareknuckle Pitas. $350 worth for $60.  I hate all of you.
View Quote

I picked of 5'er of these as well. Price was defintiely right and though I'm not much of a Gurkha fan what I've read about these intrigued me. Speaking of Gurkha, my LBM has Gurkha Ghost. Are these worth trying??

Edit: I misread. The Fiver I got was the Gurkha Trident XO
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Regarding C-Bid is it typical to win EVERY auctio you bid on?!!!!!  It never works this way for me on EBAY! I was just trying to get my feet wet and restock my small humidor. The wife is gonna shit when that box comes!!! Hopefully she is working late that day.

So, I guess I will be receiving the following:

Fiver of  "My Father Le Bijou" Robusto

X2-The Best of Nicaragua Sampler includes:
2 - 5 Vegas Triple-A
2 - Diesel Unholy Cocktail (torpedo)
2 - La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte Toro
2 - Man O' War Ruination Robusto #1
2 - Man O' War Virtue Toro

Fiver of "La Perla Habana Black Pearl"
Fiver of "Diesel Unlimited Maduro"
Fiver of "Gurkha Trident XO"
Fiver of "Man'O War ltd Edition"

Ooops. I guess I'm good for a spell.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#17]
The first time I tried a Ghurka (and it was actually the first cigar I've had in damn near 10 years), I was in Bagram. I got it for free off of an army guy who was intransit to some shit hole FOB. Wasn't bad. Certainly better than the White Owl piece of shit I had back in Japan. I figured I give the Titans a try.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:45:32 AM EDT
[#18]
I had my first #9 yesterday.  I wasn't that impressed.  Much prefer the T52 and Undercrowns.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Much prefer the T52 and Undercrowns.
View Quote

Have to agree with you on this. #9 isn't bad by any means.....just like these better.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 6:33:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I've got to say the T52 is on top of the #9 and the price reflects that. I have a liga privada FERAL that is waiting for ignition and will get back on how that smokes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top