Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2014 9:24:38 AM EDT
Some friends and I got together on Friday, one of them said he would bring the cigars. An hour late, he walk in with swisher sweets and tells us they were the best ones he could find

Needless to say we stuck with just drinks
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#1]
And you still call him your friend?
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:35:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 4:29:30 AM EDT
[#3]
The goats, they do nod judge...

1.) Friend needed to go back out & look harder with instructions not to return unless found some premiums.

2.) you did not have backup
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 4:42:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

See.....this is my plan as well.
When I get invited to a cigar event, I ALWAYS pack a box.....something small like my Xikar Extreme mid-sized case!  
More than once the cigars turned out to be some cheap un-smokeable dog turd.
So good 'ol Echo goes to the truck and is soon joined by the "REAL" cigar smokers.
I always make the host finish his before he gets  one of mine.

Just Sayn.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1.) Friend needed to go back out & look harder with instructions not to return unless found some premiums.

See.....this is my plan as well.
When I get invited to a cigar event, I ALWAYS pack a box.....something small like my Xikar Extreme mid-sized case!  
More than once the cigars turned out to be some cheap un-smokeable dog turd.
So good 'ol Echo goes to the truck and is soon joined by the "REAL" cigar smokers.
I always make the host finish his before he gets  one of mine.

Just Sayn.....

made me think of

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

this is the best plan..

I have been caught off guard a few times lately and this is what I have started doing.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I always have a few of mine, if I wind up meeting a bunch of friends for a cigar get together.
I always includes a few fake Cubans in case I need to break out my own collections, for those who don't know squart about cigars.

I always assume, who ever is going to bring cigars, I need to provide the supply.
So far, other than an occasional amateur cigar get together that I saw machine made dry roll, there are no negative experience.
It helps, most of those events were organized by fellow friends that I knew at the local cigar shop....we also know our stuff.

You know, the best "cigar get together" is always held at the cigar shop.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And you still call him your friend?
View Quote

This.

I would have had him doing front back go's all night and bear crawling across the block.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top