User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes.

I have never had a Fuente with any real age on it so perhaps this will change my thinking

These are all new to me except for the RP..
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy shit.  I put in somthing that is exactly what I picked...  what are the odds.

CSF
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Surprised nobody slipped a punisher in there....
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh I have tried a few. All but one. I promised myself I would not look until I smoked them all Boy Scouts honor. I will post the write ups on the ones I have smoked tomorrow. I am a slow smoker. Work wears my ass out oh and a newly walking baby and it takes me a while to actually get in the mood. I might need to change that though hanging around you old goats.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:25:49 AM EDT
[#8]
The magic list.......some good cigars floating around in this pass. I really enjoyed this one.

VegaFina was the one my G/F was in love with. Appears to be a pretty low cost stick. It was a pretty tasty stick and we will have to get some. We have both really been liking lighter cigars as of late where as we were both really into Maduros at first. The creaminess of the lighter cigars is something I really enjoy.

Htusa.....was it just the standard VegaFina?
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:47:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 7:18:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Reviews (These notes are a mix of start to finish, and when I remembered to write them down.)

Echo #2 Pretty good cigar. Little on the full side. Very earthy. Didn't get nicotine sick from this one. Great warm summer smoke. Would go great with a regular coffee, or darker beer. No Guinness, maybe an Amber Bock type beer. The Miller High Life was way too light for a correct pairing.

Echo I need another one.

Echo #10 Wow this thing was rich. Lots of coffee flavor, very earthy. Slights hints of cocoa, Whew got a little bit nicotine sick from this one.  Need to smoke it when its cold out. I started drinking Jack Daniels, but quickly switched to Guinness. Would go great with a stronger bourbon. An espresso coffee would go well with this one.

CSFirearms #1 First couple of draws had hints of pepper, followed by cream, and a touch of nutty. Would smoke again, maybe even once a week. Overall decent good cigar. Paired excellently with a good red wine.

goodorbit #1 Hmm this one is really short. Ill plan 20 minutes for this one. Light puff, rotate. Holy crap this thing is strong. I am going to have to take it slow. Full pepper. Hints of cocoa, and coffee, with a pepper twist. Ok yeah going to get nicotine sick off of this one. Yup I got sick. Sitting for roughly 10 minutes after the last puff. (Yes I nubbed it. I am no quitter.) Still feels like I am puffing on the cigar. Whew. almost 1.5hours after I started I am done. Never under estimate the smallest of cigars.

goodorbit #1 Yeah I need to smoke a pork butt or something to enjoy this one.

I guess I can go look at what they were. I dont want to look at the last one, yet though.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Smoking an echo #9

Mild, a little dry but a very enjoyable smoke.

Getting a vanilla? Hit on the back end...

Would be a great coffee/ breakfast smoke but I had it paired with a 2x IPA & a little quarter cask.  
Not the best pairing for this, I did not look to see what it was but being a Pete Johnson I probably would have not deviated as this does not seem the norm for him.

Just the ramblings of a wannabe drunkard hermit though...

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:22:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reviews (These notes are a mix of start to finish, and when I remembered to write them down.)

goodorbit #1 Hmm this one is really short. Ill plan 20 minutes for this one. Light puff, rotate. Holy crap this thing is strong. I am going to have to take it slow. Full pepper. Hints of cocoa, and coffee, with a pepper twist. Ok yeah going to get nicotine sick off of this one. Yup I got sick. Sitting for roughly 10 minutes after the last puff. (Yes I nubbed it. I am no quitter.) Still feels like I am puffing on the cigar. Whew. almost 1.5hours after I started I am done. Never under estimate the smallest of cigars.

View Quote

Glad you enjoyed it. The first one I tried knocked me over!
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:56:04 AM EDT
[#14]
echo #7 was  pretty darned good as well.   I would smoke more   Again, would not have guessed it for a rocky patel,  med-full just a good solid tobacco flavor.   Held up well with PBR & more Quarter Cask

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#15]
The Fuente is a different smoke with some age on it.

It is acceptable if it is a fuente.

I'm not saying I like it...

Cause I don't like Fuentes

Dammit
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top