Posted: 10/27/2011 3:08:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/27/2011 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#1]
WOOT!!!

Great idea broseph!!!

Link Posted: 11/1/2011 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#2]
You, Sir, are a good man.

Drop this link in the Deployed section. Might get more hits.
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 2:05:27 AM EDT
[#3]
absolutely awesome deal... i will definetly look into this next year in afghan when we get home from this silly MEU!
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 2:45:00 AM EDT
[#4]
What you guys are doing is awesome!!  Im part of 3/1 AD in Afghanistan right now,  Our UAV platoon has pretty much gone cigar crazy since we've been here.  Around five of us already have ordered and recieved humidors anywhere from 50-150 capacity, i still await mine.  They had the one I wanted back ordered so after 3 weeks of waiting I switched my order and it should be arriving in 5 days or so.  For the most part everyone is in the experiment stage as far as types of cigars are concerned.  There are a couple that are infused/acid type lovers only, but for the most part we all like trying new things.  Besides a few guys here and their everyone has gotten the cigar bug and its funny to see some of these guys asking about mail so often, not for packages from their wives but for some tasty sticks!  We usually try and smoke around lunch everyday in between aircraft launches.  Sometimes we even eat lunch late just so we can get that that cigar in.  If anyone is still interested in sending a package our way just contact me for more details.  

Thanks, Eric!
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By dRiZzLe3:
What you guys are doing is awesome!!  Im part of 3/1 AD in Afghanistan right now,  Our UAV platoon has pretty much gone cigar crazy since we've been here.  Around five of us already have ordered and recieved humidors anywhere from 50-150 capacity, i still await mine.  They had the one I wanted back ordered so after 3 weeks of waiting I switched my order and it should be arriving in 5 days or so.  For the most part everyone is in the experiment stage as far as types of cigars are concerned.  There are a couple that are infused/acid type lovers only, but for the most part we all like trying new things.  Besides a few guys here and their everyone has gotten the cigar bug and its funny to see some of these guys asking about mail so often, not for packages from their wives but for some tasty sticks!  We usually try and smoke around lunch everyday in between aircraft launches.  Sometimes we even eat lunch late just so we can get that that cigar in.  If anyone is still interested in sending a package our way just contact me for more details.  

Thanks, Eric!

Ooooohhhhh Oooohhhhhh.....see my raised hand here!!!!!
You need to send me an IM with your addy.
Santa and his Elves have been busy!

Echo

Link Posted: 12/12/2011 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#6]
OMG You guys are the bomb. We have recieved candy and toothbrushes out the ying yang, nobody has offered us cigars!!
I'm also in 3/1 AD, although probably a bit more remote than Drizzle. We don't even have a COP store to buy from.
WAAA WAAA ME, LOL
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 11:16:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dRiZzLe3] [#7]
Originally Posted By Taipan:
OMG You guys are the bomb. We have recieved candy and toothbrushes out the ying yang, nobody has offered us cigars!!
I'm also in 3/1 AD, although probably a bit more remote than Drizzle. We don't even have a COP store to buy from.
WAAA WAAA ME, LOL

Lol!!! What are the chances i meet another 3/1 guy on here!!  Yea we got the PX here but you can get better stuff from the Haji shops.  Ive seen almost all of our AO, albeit from the air, and through our video camera....not gunna lie, we do have it pretty chill compared to a lot of people out at the smaller COP's.  If your ever stuck on the main FOB anytime, come on over to the UAV flight line and ill show you around and we'll smoke a cigar!  Unless im on leave, or pushed out to our forward ops site, then my sir, not so sure the rest of my guys would be willing to give a cigar to a stranger.

Originally Posted By EchoAngel17:

Thanks, Eric!

Echo

IM sent brother.  And i see your from PA!!! Ill just inform you that we have a great group of PA National Guard Guys attached to our unit out here that will also be partaking in whatever Santa and his Elves decided to put in that box!!  :)

Link Posted: 12/12/2011 11:31:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EchoAngel17] [#8]
WAAA WAAA ME, LOL

Lol!!! What are the chances i meet another 3/1 guy on here!!  Yea we got the PX here but you can get better stuff from the Haji shops.  Ive seen almost all of our AO, albeit from the air, and through our video camera....not gunna lie, we do have it pretty chill compared to a lot of people out at the smaller COP's.  If your ever stuck on the main FOB anytime, come on over to the UAV flight line and ill show you around and we'll smoke a cigar!  Unless im on leave, or pushed out to our forward ops site, then my sir, not so sure the rest of my guys would be willing to give a cigar to a stranger.

Thanks, Eric!

Echo

IM sent brother.  And i see your from PA!!! Ill just inform you that we have a great group of PA National Guard Guys attached to our unit out here that will also be partaking in whatever Santa and his Elves decided to put in that box!!  :)

Yep....I know them!
They have received boxes already.
But...I did not get your IM.
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#9]
WAAA WAAA ME, LOL

Thanks, Eric!

Echo

Yep....I know them!

Really!!  Thats awesome.  What kind of stuff did you send them?  So i can see if it jogs my memory.  Everyone pretty much shares whatever they get.  We actually get such good support from families and a few churches that have sent us stuff that we give out care package boxes to our Chaplan that he takes out to some of the other COP's and gives out.  Heck, we have one guy at forward site that cant get his mail and he got so many HUGE care packages that we called and he gave us the go ahead to distribute, and then we took the rest of his boxes, literally a minute ago lol, and stacked them in front of his door so when he opens it he his greeted with a wall of boxes a little over 6ft high and 3 rows deep!  

I was finishing up writing it when i posted that so check again...should be there...if not let me know.
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#10]
WAAA WAAA ME, LOL

Thanks, Eric!

Echo

Yep....I know them!

Really!!  Thats awesome.  What kind of stuff did you send them?  So i can see if it jogs my memory.  Everyone pretty much shares whatever they get.  We actually get such good support from families and a few churches that have sent us stuff that we give out care package boxes to our Chaplan that he takes out to some of the other COP's and gives out.  Heck, we have one guy at forward site that cant get his mail and he got so many HUGE care packages that we called and he gave us the go ahead to distribute, and then we took the rest of his boxes, literally a minute ago lol, and stacked them in front of his door so when he opens it he his greeted with a wall of boxes a little over 6ft high and 3 rows deep!  

I was finishing up writing it when i posted that so check again...should be there...if not let me know.

No IM......nor email.
Check the troop pass - closed thread.....pics and contact members are there for all to see.

Echo
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#11]
WAAA WAAA ME, LOL

Thanks, Eric!

Echo

Yep....I know them!

No IM......nor email.
Check the troop pass - closed thread.....pics and contact members are there for all to see.

Echo

Bah....let me try again.  With this shitty internet and my also less than perfect laptop i dont doubt it didnt work lol.  

Link Posted: 12/12/2011 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Winner.....received.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#13]
New boxes just landed for the troops....outgoing as quick as I can....

ECHO
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#14]
BAD ASS!!!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Any special requests from me?  Thinking one of those packages of Skoal/Cope (~6 tins?), beef jerky, bag of candy, the cigars... what else?  I'm game for whatever.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:
Any special requests from me?  Thinking one of those packages of Skoal/Cope (~6 tins?), beef jerky, bag of candy, the cigars... what else?  I'm game for whatever.

All is welcome.
These last two pulled all the "snacks and dip" I had on hand or have received.
Replenishment will always be good!!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Slavac:

Originally Posted By Burnsy87:

All is welcome.
These last two pulled all the "snacks and dip" I had on hand or have received.
Replenishment will always be good!!!
Here's a brief list that I've found to be a hit after sending over 50+ packages:
Cigars
Chewing gum
Dip
Hard candies (atomic fireballs, jawbreakers)
Pipe tobacco and a handful of cheap corncob pipes.  Don't send lighters, they'll get confiscated unless they're empty.
Cheap CigarBid 5ct herfadors.
Baby wipes, shampoo, body wash.
Multivitamins, protein powder, protein bars.  Those are always a big hit.
Damn near anything edible.

Yeah, what he said and beef jerky/slim Jim's.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 1:43:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Told the cashier 4 random dip cans, that's what I got.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 7:33:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ljh824] [#20]
I'm here in Kabul, Afghanistan, supporting the Afghan Ministry of Interior and the Afghan Uniform Police. My unit advises on all aspects of policing. We are a small team of about 9. About every other night, we try to enjoy a cigar or two on our makeshift patio here on Camp Eggers. PICS:

Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:23:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ljh824:
I'm here in Kabul, Afghanistan, supporting the Afghan Ministry of Interior and the Afghan Uniform Police. My unit advises on all aspects of policing. We are a small team of about 9. About every other night, we try to enjoy a cigar or two on our makeshift patio here on Camp Eggers. PICS:

Someone needs to give Echo your APO!!!!

Now would be nice!!!!

Link Posted: 2/7/2012 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Can I send some cigars Echo?
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Yep...
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Echo forward me your addy
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By DWFAN:
Echo forward me your addy

You have mail...
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#26]
How does one partake in the festivities?  I'm in Kuwait and the section I work in coordinates theater land, sea, and air movements... I get the pleasure of dealing with containers.  There's about 6-7 regulars who smoke cigars - I'm one of the guys who smokes occasionally, so would definitely share most of the any wealth sent my way with the entire crew.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By coug91:
How does one partake in the festivities?  I'm in Kuwait and the section I work in coordinates theater land, sea, and air movements... I get the pleasure of dealing with containers.  There's about 6-7 regulars who smoke cigars - I'm one of the guys who smokes occasionally, so would definitely share most of the any wealth sent my way with the entire crew.

If you are smart, you will IM me your APO and I shall add you to my drop list.

Echo
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#28]
IM sent.  :-)
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Echo,

Let us know when to send them to you.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By BIGSHOVEL:
Echo,

Let us know when to send them to you.

I was really going to wait a bit but send them.....

I have three additional addresses now.

We can hit them now.

Echo

Also....I have this new one as well...I just got his IM.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 1:58:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ljh824] [#31]
Wow, package arrived today and I'm blown away at the contents.  Thank you so much for your thoughts and support.  When the fellas heard the cigars where in, we immediately hit the "cabana" and fired them up!  Everyone here with the Camp Egger's "Chai House" Cigar Club, Kabul, Afghanistan thanks you.  Here are a few pics from tonight.  

Link Posted: 4/6/2012 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Awesome, great pictures, thanks for them and your service.

Link Posted: 4/6/2012 2:15:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EchoAngel17] [#33]
Wow, package arrived today and I'm blown away at the contents.  Thank you so much for your thoughts and support.  When the fellas heard the cigars where in, we immediately hit the "cabana" and fired them up!  Everyone here with the Camp Egger's "Chai House" Cigar Club, Kabul, Afghanistan thanks you.  Here are a few pics from tonight.  

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/ljh824/CIMG1432.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/ljh824/CIMG1431.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/ljh824/CIMG1429Photobucket.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/ljh824/CIMG1424.jpg

I was pretty sure it would be a hit!

Echo

Should have two more reports in soon as well...three boxes went out on this wave.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:54:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 1:09:34 AM EDT
[#35]
I dont have any cool pictures but we got the care package and just wanted to say thanks!

Branman
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 10:43:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EchoAngel17] [#36]
So a box showed up on my desk while I was away in Seattle.....

I told you it wasn't necessary but thank you very much!

Echo

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/ljh824/CIMG1432.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/ljh824/CIMG1431.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/ljh824/CIMG1429Photobucket.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/ljh824/CIMG1424.jpg

I was pretty sure it would be a hit!

Echo

Should have two more reports in soon as well...three boxes went out on this wave.

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:05:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Just got to Afghanistan looking to do something nice for my platoon. Any help would be appreciated
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By kuenkers:
Just got to Afghanistan looking to do something nice for my platoon. Any help would be appreciated

Send Echo.......er.......I mean me......your APO...

That's all you will need to do.
We can take care of the rest!

Link Posted: 6/2/2012 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#39]
I've visited this forum frequently in the past but never saw this thread... now I have and it applies to me!

Echo, sending you an IM

Thanks in advance to anyone part of this, it's truly  impressive.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Castillo:
I've visited this forum frequently in the past but never saw this thread... now I have and it applies to me!

Echo, sending you an IM

Thanks in advance to anyone part of this, it's truly  impressive.

Link Posted: 6/11/2012 5:40:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Echo... I will kill a thousand kitteh in your honor and slaughter one hundred goatehs...

Great box man, thanks for everything. We're gonna plan a smoke sometime this week after I get back from a mission. But I will take one down town with me for a photo op. I think y'all appreciate it
Link Posted: 6/11/2012 7:33:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By kudzu630:
Echo... I will kill a thousand kitteh in your honor and slaughter one hundred goatehs...

Great box man, thanks for everything. We're gonna plan a smoke sometime this week after I get back from a mission. But I will take one down town with me for a photo op. I think y'all appreciate it

Glad it arrived safe and sound!
Remember, I just drive this bus...it's the guy here that make it happen!!!

Keep your head down and post pics (or send them to me and I will) when you can.

Echo
Link Posted: 6/11/2012 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Just IM you the tracking number on a care package for the boys.

Thanks Echo!!

CSF

Link Posted: 6/11/2012 4:14:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bubbleheaddiver] [#44]
!!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Bubbleheaddiver:
Active duty Navy Diver here, about to deploy on 4 month mission on a submarine (yes we can smoke on there) would be great to carry some sticks for the guys and share them around.

V/r

Bubbleheaddiver

That can be arranged...I have a certain fondness for my fellow squids!
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 10:04:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bubbleheaddiver] [#46]
!!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 11:16:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Would be greatly appreciated by all the squids (bubbleheads actually)

Pulling it together right now....got the address squared away.
Link Posted: 6/20/2012 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By coug91:

If you are smart, you will IM me your APO and I shall add you to my drop list.

Echo

Thanks for the thoughts guys, but I'm headed back to CONUS in about 40 days, so pass my spot in line to the next guy.  

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Would be greatly appreciated by all the squids (bubbleheads actually)

Pulling it together right now....got the address squared away.

Box out......Large FRB Priority Mail....9101 9690 1038 3239 4912 99
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Echo. Message me your address for a return goody bag
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top