Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 7:17:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Since I have forgotten about them twice already I think it will be a nice surprise when they come in.  as long as nobody posts in this uzi thread at least
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Refund?.... Nein, danke

I hear these things are better with a wee bit a rest so there is no point being in a hurry. If we have some people that want a refund I would go for a couple more sticks if thats ok with everyone else.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 9:49:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Refund?.... Nein, danke

I hear these things are better with a wee bit a rest so there is no point being in a hurry. If we have some people that want a refund I would go for a couple more sticks if thats ok with everyone else.

Same.
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 7:38:14 AM EDT
[#4]
ditto...besides i'm not smoking it till i hit 25 lbs lost...sitting at 20 now
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#5]
i'll take a refund.
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i'll take a refund.

Dibs on Frigid's sticks!!!!

You know where to find me brother...
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 3:50:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
i'll take a refund.

Dibs on Frigid's sticks!!!!

You know where to find me brother...

He never bought in, so I'll send him a refund but he's not gonna like what's in the box.

Party killer
Link Posted: 9/11/2011 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Already had a box on the way

Thats ok slavac. I don't need anything...really. I mean that
Link Posted: 9/11/2011 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Since I have forgotten about them twice already I think it will be a nice surprise when they come in.  as long as nobody posts in this uzi thread at least

Link Posted: 9/23/2011 11:14:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 9:17:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.famous-smoke.com/search.cfm?kw=uzi

it's cool, and i'm still happy to  wait....it's just that I lost that 25lbs and so i "deserve" it now

Link Posted: 9/24/2011 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#14]
One of 2 things could be happening:
1. These are really good cigars and everyone is buying them
2. They can't keep up with demand

I'm guessing #2
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 3:58:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok....here is what I found out.

This was a pre-release intro offering from Drew Estates.
The hype was there and pre-orders went through the roof.
Retailers were told that the supply would be "X" amount but Drew only released half of what was promised.
This is where we are...waiting for Drew to release more to fill the orders.

My thoughts is that like always, they tested the waters without having the cigars ready and no way to fulfill orders.
That is my main argument with that company...come out with a great cigar, let folks taste them and them make them wait months until they are able to release stock.

My two cents. Rant over.

Link Posted: 10/21/2011 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Still didn't get mine.   Not in the group buy here but.....

Where the hell are they?
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 3:53:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/24/2011 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#19]
So....decided to stir the pot a bit on this one....

Drew Estates had a user forum and since I was getting curious, I decided to post a note and see what kind of response I get.
The last message was from king Drew himself....Steve Saka.

Here is what I left.
I provided my personal email address and did not say where the order was placed from...

Steve Saka

June 21, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Fwiw, quick comments on big ring gauge cigars & MUWAT:

1) I am typically not a fan either, but I will concede that these MUWATs are pretty tasty – good body with a real nice sweetness to them. Plus the construction on them has been exceptional… one of the best burners I have seen to date in this girth. JDN deserves kudos for this imo.

2) I can testify in court that this was not done as a “to make money” project. This is JD being JD… he has been going nuts over this blend for months, driving me f’ing crazy over it and regardless of what we may think, he DOES love to smoke 60 ringers in his rotation. So it is from his heart…

3) Putting my Prez hat on, I am hopeful we do make some damn money off this because it will help to soothe the pain I have felt from JD playing all these damn rap songs where the guys scream “My Uzi Weighs a Ton!” for the last 8 months or so…

BR,

Steve Saka
President, Drew Estate

Echo

October 24, 2011 at 10:50 am

A bunch of us went in of a couple of boxes and placed our order (three boxes in all) on August 5, 2011.

We are still being notified that the orders are backordered still.
Any idea when supply will be up to the demand???

Thank you in advance.

Link Posted: 10/24/2011 11:34:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Good show Echo.

I was content to stew & occasionally bitch.

Curious to see if they reply.
Link Posted: 10/24/2011 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Good show Echo.

Me too.....but I have seen three "events" where they keep pumping up that release and walk in with handfuls to sample.....FILL THE DAMN ORDERS ALREADY!!!!
Also, there is a nice video of them making a big show of a pallet full of the cigars in nifty wax paper outer packaging.

FILL THE DAMN ORDERS!!!

I was surprised that Famous took that many pre-orders....they are normally sooooo cautious.

Echo
Link Posted: 10/24/2011 11:03:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/24/2011 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Good show Echo.

Me too.....but I have seen three "events" where they keep pumping up that release and walk in with handfuls to sample.....FILL THE DAMN ORDERS ALREADY!!!!
Also, there is a nice video of them making a big show of a pallet full of the cigars in nifty wax paper outer packaging.

FILL THE DAMN ORDERS!!!

I was surprised that Famous took that many pre-orders....they are normally sooooo cautious.

Echo

I'm going to give it another week or two then start refunding money.  I feel bad holding onto folks money and giving them no product.

Hell I thought we would've had them in 2 weeks, tops, not what 3 months?

Don't mean to create a nightmare for you, but I wouldn't mind splitting another type of cigar.

Not sure how many folks ordered, but maybe there will be some interest.
Link Posted: 10/24/2011 11:25:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/24/2011 11:26:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Good show Echo.

FILL THE DAMN ORDERS!!!

Echo

I'm going to give it another week or two then start refunding money.  I feel bad holding onto folks money and giving them no product.

Don't mean to create a nightmare for you, but I wouldn't mind splitting another type of cigar.

Ill take yours once they come in if you dont want it
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 7:23:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Good show Echo.

FILL THE DAMN ORDERS!!!

Echo

Up for suggestions.

Gurkha

Link Posted: 10/25/2011 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Good show Echo.

FILL THE DAMN ORDERS!!!

Echo

Up for suggestions.

Gurkha

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z381/peligro113/free-scared-smileys-414.gif

Link Posted: 10/25/2011 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#28]
I know who's in for the first box!
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm all about waiting for the MUWAT...I dont need the money I sent to you Slavic...keep it till the sticks come in as far as I am concerned.

Bill
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm all about waiting for the MUWAT...I dont need the money I sent to you Slavic...keep it till the sticks come in as far as I am concerned.

Bill

Me too.  But I did find another source that has them in stock.  Not sure if it would be worthwhile to get from the other place.
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bill

Me too.  But I did find another source that has them in stock.  Not sure if it would be worthwhile to get from the other place.

SHARE THAT WITH SLAVAC VIA IM!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2011 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#32]
I smoked one last night for the first time.  I enjoyed it.  Its a pretty good medium smoke.  They are big sonsabitches, definitely.

eta: The shop I work at may have a couple boxes left.  We are the first shop that Drew Estate had an event with them.  They had to overnight them to our shop. Let me know if I can be of service.
Link Posted: 10/27/2011 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Ok I am at the shop currently.

As of this moment we have 2 unopened 5 inch boxes (well they are bundles of 10 sticks) 3 unopened 6 inches and 2 unopened 7 inches.
Link Posted: 10/27/2011 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ok I am at the shop currently.

As of this moment we have 2 unopened 5 inch boxes (well they are bundles of 10 sticks) 3 unopened 6 inches and 2 unopened 7 inches.

It sounds as if they are starting to make deliveries....slowly as usual but starting to hit shelves.

Link Posted: 10/28/2011 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Picked some up from another source.  First time buying form there and I'm impressed.  The packed other cigars (Padron 1926- 80 Years and Tatuaje Anacrchy) I bought with Boveda Humidpaks free of charge and the owner sent a nice handwritten note.  

I'll let you know if they are worth the wait this evening.
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#36]
The word on the street......is that they are.

Full flavor and well blended.
But a range report from someone we know would be nice.

Also nice to hear that that source is GTG....I have looked at his page and I am not surprised that he included a note....I got the feel that he was a real hands on owner.
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Picked some up from another source.  First time buying form there and I'm impressed.  The packed other cigars (Padron 1926- 80 Years and Tatuaje Anacrchy) I bought with Boveda Humidpaks free of charge and the owner sent a nice handwritten note.  

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p314/gpeterson_1/1763d2dc.jpg

I'll let you know if they are worth the wait this evening.

Smoke Inn is GTG, and has the exclusive on the Tatuaje Anarchy.
Abe is good people.
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Had a MUWAT with my buddy tonight.  

I am not a very good reviewer, but it was a nice cigar.  Decent flavor. Not heavy, but defininetly not mild.  I would say it is worth the wait.
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 2:22:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#40]
I went to Outlaw last night for the second night in a row to watch the World Series, and low and behold, they got their MUWAT's in yesterday morning.  I wanted to smoke one last night, but was told they just got them, and I really should put them in my humidor and let them stabilize for 5-7 days.  So, I bought a 10 pack of each size...I couldnt help it...lol.

Bill
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks like they are finally in stock––except for the Toro.
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 3:49:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Just got a note that my 7 x 60's have shipped    I think I ordered about the same time as Slavac orderd the split.

Looking forward to lighting one of these up & spending some quality time in the shed
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 5:07:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Woot!  I'll give them a call.

This one deserves a full.......

Link Posted: 11/11/2011 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Looks like the 5 x 60 and 7 x 60 are in stock but not the 6 x 60 yet.....either that or they filled their backorders with what they received.....

Hey....one can hope right?!?
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#46]
I smoked one in July when one of the local B&M's got them. From what I remember it wasn't very full bodied, it was a good cigar though, not much change in it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#47]
These uzi's weigh a ton
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 5:05:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:50:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just got an email from famous, looks like they have all but one box I need.  Standby to standby.

Thank you for running this.
Link Posted: 12/1/2011 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top