eter Stokkebye: Luxury Bullseye Flake
Mac Baren: Burley London Blend
Mac Baren: Golden Extra
Dunhill: My Mixture 965 50g
Dunhill: Early Morning Pipe 50g
McClelland: Craftsbury: Frog Morton on the Town 50g
McClelland: Craftsbury: Frog Morton 50g
Balkan Sasieni: Balkan Sasieni 50g

Big order from smokingpipes. Now I just have to wait for my wife to send it out here, heh. Anxiously anticipate it.

I'll vouch for the Eileens dream, Dun Flake and Golden Extra.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 6:19:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sam Gawith Chocolate Flake

Peterson University Flake

Peterson Irish Flake

Hearth & Home Marquee Black House

More to come.... Damn backorders.

let us know what you think of the University Flake.

I will try... I really haven't been in much of a smoking mood... so a lot of my more recent buys are just aging.  So should be interesting next time I get into the mood.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the Irish better than the University....

And you will like the Black House!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump for the new faces... Whats everyone been buying.

I still haven't been in a smoking mood with the summer still at hand.  But that time of year is moving closer!
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#5]
ETA  derp....wrong thread
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Can't believe this thread isn't long gone... and also hasn't been bumped.

Finally found a Peterson Tankard in stock, also added some Anni Kake and Orlick golden slice to the order to get free shipping.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 12:03:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Recently (over the last year) bought a Grabow and a Kaywoodie, both bent.  Also a tin of Sutliff Molto Dolce and a tin of Mac Barren Plumcake.  The Molto Dolce was OK, but the Plumcake is the King of Tongue Bite!
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#8]
BTW, I'm now starting to browse the Peterson line...
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Recently (over the last year) bought a Grabow and a Kaywoodie, both bent.  Also a tin of Sutliff Molto Dolce and a tin of Mac Barren Plumcake.  The Molto Dolce was OK, but the Plumcake is the King of Tongue Bite!

Honestly my favorite pipes are in the Savinelli and Peterson lines; great cost to quality ratio IMHO(I also got a very good deal on a Charatan that I like a lot) ... I also have an estate Kaywoodie that is a great smoker.  I've yet to try those flavors, but a lot of those flavored ones are tongue biters.  Give it some more drying time before you pack that bowl.  I've laid out tobacco that I forgot about for a couple days on the paper drying plate.  Some turned out to be amazingly better smokes after the extra airing out.  I try to get that somewhat crunchy, but still springy texture before I pack a bowl.  Took me a long time to figure out what works for me though.  Many hot pipes and crappy bowls.  What kept me going was the amazing bowls I stumbled upon playing with different pipes/tobacco/packing methods.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#10]
A couple estate Il Cepo pipes, and a couple new Radice pipes. Tobak? Frog Mortons Cellar.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Mac Baren 7 Seas
Mac Baren Plumcake
SG Commonwealth
SG Squadron Leader

Brigham Acadian 265

A few Old Dominion cobs
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Not a bad mail call here in Canada. Got my order from 4noggins.com of some Balkan Blue, Frog Mortons Cellar and 3 Nuns. I also finally got in my custom commission partially rusticated Poker from Crow Pipes. I know the Jolly Rogers on the front is a little kitschy if you will, but I was looking for something to bring back from my time here in the great white north that I'll actually use. Eric sent it with a hand written note, offering awesome customer service if I'm in anyway disappointed with this pipe, and a new Czech tool and pouch as well. I'm all about supporting up and comers in their craft. It's a nice looking pipe, not a top of the line pipe but it'll damn sure do it's job. She's got good draw empty and everything is pretty tight, so we shall see.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not a bad mail call here in Canada. Got my order from 4noggins.com of some Balkan Blue, Frog Mortons Cellar and 3 Nuns. I also finally got in my custom commission partially rusticated Poker from Crow Pipes. I know the Jolly Rogers on the front is a little kitschy if you will, but I was looking for something to bring back from my time here in the great white north that I'll actually use. Eric sent it with a hand written note, offering awesome customer service if I'm in anyway disappointed with this pipe, and a new Czech tool and pouch as well. I'm all about supporting up and comers in their craft. It's a nice looking pipe, not a top of the line pipe but it'll damn sure do it's job. She's got good draw empty and everything is pretty tight, so we shall see.

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l563/biggradd/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150521_152605.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l563/biggradd/Mobile%20Uploads/20150521_203429.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l563/biggradd/Mobile%20Uploads/20150521_203440.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l563/biggradd/Mobile%20Uploads/20150521_203453.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l563/biggradd/Mobile%20Uploads/20150521_203508.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l563/biggradd/Mobile%20Uploads/20150521_203548.jpg
View Quote

Right on, I dig that little nose warmer.  And nice choices on filler for it.  I need to find a little guy like that for a small camp pipe.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Got this little guy from Doran Pipes. I saw it, and had to have it. Nice little poker, reminds me of my wife and have dubbed this pipe Alyse. He threw in a little sampling of Penzance for me to try as well. Awesome all around.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top