BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NapalmMan67:
Thanks to the great info. from this thread, I "built" a 70qt. Extreme.  Since I'm not very adventerous when it comes to new sticks, the 70 will do.   1/2lb of HF 65% beads and 7-8 boxes seem to do the trick so far.

My local Malwart was kind enough to donate the cooler to me for nothing.  I've got a hygrometer inbound from HF also.

I'll relagate the desktop I have for aging the limited number of premies I have.

Smoke em if ya got em!

View Quote

Sweet deal!  How did you manage that?

1lb bag of heartfelt 65 beads on the way for me.  Got them for 15% off since they were not open when I ordered.  Think I'll make a trip to my local Woodcraft store here in the next few days and pick up some spanish cedar to line my foot locker.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AZ-AR15:

1lb bag of heartfelt 65 beads on the way for me.  Got them for 15% off since they were not open when I ordered.  Think I'll make a trip to my local Woodcraft store here in the next few days and pick up some spanish cedar to line my foot locker.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NapalmMan67:
Thanks to the great info. from this thread, I "built" a 70qt. Extreme.  Since I'm not very adventerous when it comes to new sticks, the 70 will do.   1/2lb of HF 65% beads and 7-8 boxes seem to do the trick so far.

My local Malwart was kind enough to donate the cooler to me for nothing.  I've got a hygrometer inbound from HF also.

I'll relagate the desktop I have for aging the limited number of premies I have.

Smoke em if ya got em!

The nice cashier girl cliky clacked the number in to her keyboard and asked me if the $42.95 price was correct.  I told her "That's what's on the tag." as I held it up to show her nothing was inside. I had a few other things as well, and the total sounded reasonable when I paid.

A few hours later at home I was looking at the receipt and noticed the cooler was not listed.  I called the store and offered to come pay for it, but they said they had no way to know if I had paid or not, so it was FOC.  They did the same thing for me last fall at another store with a pair of work boots- which were substatially more than the cooler.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2015 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Just finished up getting a  bunch of recent purchases inventoried in my "My Humidor" app on my phone and packed away in my foot lockerador.  Pretty neat little app, stores pics and whatever detail you want about your cigars.

Link Posted: 6/16/2015 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Just finished up getting a  bunch of recent purchases inventoried in my "My Humidor" app on my phone and packed away in my foot lockerador.  Pretty neat little app, stores pics and whatever detail you want about your cigars.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/az-ar/IMG_20150616_125703217_zpst6uwoyfz.jpg
View Quote

Looks good.  

I got the app on your recommendation.  It'll be quite a task to get that bad boy filled out with all the sticks in my coolerdor
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TheMountaineer:

Looks good.  

I got the app on your recommendation.  It'll be quite a task to get that bad boy filled out with all the sticks in my coolerdor
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheMountaineer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/az-ar/IMG_20150616_125703217_zpst6uwoyfz.jpg

Looks good.  

Yeah, it took me about 45 minutes to inventory about a dozen different types of cigars with full descriptions and pics.  Worth it in the end though, especially for keeping track of age and what you like/dislike.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Question - I got a pound of the 65 heartfelt beads and the foot lockerador is now sitting at 70% humidity with only using those beads as the humidity source.  Is it possible that I overcharged them, or was my order probably screwed up?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Question - I got a pound of the 65 heartfelt beads and the foot lockerador is now sitting at 70% humidity with only using those beads as the humidity source.  Is it possible that I overcharged them, or was my order probably screwed up?
View Quote

FWIW- I've got a 1/2lb of 65% HF beads in my coolerdor.  I removed about 1/4 of them and charged the rest, then mixed them all together before sticking in the bag- Calibrated my hygrometer with the salt test and adjusted accordingly. The RH has been holding at 69% for over a week now with several times being opened.

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I let the beads sit out for a couple of hours and put them back in.  Been holding at 63-64 since I last posted.  I have another half pound on the way (along with a 1/2lb of 60 for the "ready to smoke" humidor), which I hope will help things out some more..
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:09:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kolumbo69] [#9]
Not sure if this has been posted in here but save your hard earned monies on heartfelt beads just get silica NON-scented kitty litter from your local walmart its like $10 bucks for a big bucket of it will last you years.

My modest collection

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Kolumbo69:
Not sure if this has been posted in here but save your hard earned monies on heartfelt beads just get silica NON-scented kitty litter from your local walmart its like $10 bucks for a big bucket of it will last you years.

My modest collection

<a href="http://s292.photobucket.com/user/kolumbo69/media/IMG_2034.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm5/kolumbo69/IMG_2034.jpg</a>
View Quote

Kitty litter has worked well in mine so far.  I bought Heartfelt beads but have so far only used the kitty litter since
it's been working so well...
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Hmmmm . . .

I've never visited this Topic before.
I might have to try something like this.
The wheels in my head a starting to turn, ideas are starting to materialize.
Gotta go, I may be back later . .
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 8:45:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I know this is an old thread that has been dead a while, but if anyone needs or is looking for cedar trays, I have gotten 4 of these to use and they have been great for the price!

$8 cedar tray
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By tmurph01:
I know this is an old thread that has been dead a while, but if anyone needs or is looking for cedar trays, I have gotten 4 of these to use and they have been great for the price!

$8 cedar tray
View Quote
Great deal for coolerdor ....
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Great write up. Looks like I have a new project before my trip to central america.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:42:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: S391] [#15]
This is a set up I've been using for my bulk storage for the past 15 years or so (I have a small Ellie Bleu humidor on my desk).... I started out with an Igloo "Cube" and I lined the top, front and bottom with Spanish cedar (a local company builds commercial humidors and they sold me a few small sheets) and built a series of trays that stock allowing me to have 4 layers full of goodness. Overall it has worked better than I ever could have imagined.

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top