Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2017 5:33:55 PM EDT
I'm a big buy. I plug toilets. I've heard almost unanimously that Toto toilets are the best, but want to make sure I'm getting the right one. They have several "flushing technologies" (G-Max, E-Max, Tornado, etc.). Their "Drake" toilet sounds popular, is that what I want? Suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two Toto Drake  toilets CST744SL#01,, very clog resistant. I really like the ADA height of it as well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:06:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Toto Drake and American Standard Champion 4Max are both good, clog resistant toilets.

The keys to look for are:
Fully glazed trapway
Oversized trapway
Oversized flush valve
Elongated bowl (because I hate my dick touching the rim)
ADA/comfort height (because I'm 6'6" and don't like falling down onto midget toilets)
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#3]
American Standard with 3" flush valve. Nobody has been able to clog mine.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Have a Toto Drake. Clogs? Nope. However, stuff sticks to the bowl like crazy. And it's not just me...happens to others that use it. My sister has a Sloan Flushmate. I think that would be the ultimate combo...Toto drake w/sloan flushmate.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 1:58:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a Toto Drake that I had gotten for free from a sales rep. It had the sanigloss finish.

It flushed awesome. I don't believe the plunger ever got used.

However, I used the toilet brush in that thing so much, I have the toilet brushes patent number memorized.

I swear to god you could skid mark the thing with urine.

There is not much of a water spot  in it. (or many of the newer 3"flush valve toilets)

Needless to say, wife hated the thing (she too was sick of scrubbing the bowl), Now we have a Kohler.

I know lots of people who love them, this is just my experience, and of our office toilet, but YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:27:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone! In the videos of the Toto Drake on YouTube (what the hell did we do before YouTube?) I was concerned about how it didn't seem to swirl around and clean the sides of the bowl very well. I'll take a look at the American Standard Champion 4 Max.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top