Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2017 9:11:53 PM EDT
The deck is a few years old and the "box" which hides the concrete footings have fallen apart.  The contract had long staples which have not held up well.

I used flat L shaped brackets underneath the dark brown flat Trex pieces to fix one but wondering if someone has other suggestions on how to do this.  Ideally I'd like to get the white white Trex pieces connected to the brown pieces in a manner where the fasteners are underneath/hidden.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#1]
OSI Quad caulk
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
You could get some aluminum L brackets for the underside to attach the Trex. Steel would eventually rust and I'd be afraid of it dripping and staining the white.

Or you could just go and get the Trex screws that are color matched to the board and call it done forever.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 1:07:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Fastenmasters cortex screws with plugs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top