Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2017 7:29:46 PM EDT
In about a month or so I will be opening up my pool for the season. In the past I've used the baquacil cdx pool care system which is chlorine free. (Sold by the pool store where I bought the pool) it's expensive costing me around  $600 per season. I have decided to switch to chlorine. Has anyone else switched between these two systems. I know if I don't have all the baquacil oxidizer out of the pool from last season and start adding chlorine I will have big problems. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on making the switch.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Never used that, but Trouble Free Pool and their forums are what you seek. I used the TFP method last year and kept my pool sparkling clean. For my 21' round above ground, I probably spent $150 or less for the season.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
FPNI that website even has a section for those converting to chlorine like you are. Order the test kit from them immediately and get the xl one.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys I will check it out.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys I will check it out.
View Quote
<<<<<<<<<<<<===========

Sells and delivers water for pools.

TFP has all the good info. The 3 B's is what you need.
Borax, Bleach, Baking Soda.
I spent less than $100 per season on my pool.

Follow the instructions carefully when switching to chlorine.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Switching was easy - make sure your system is off or has been off for a while.

Go to a saltwater pool.  It's barely salty... water is very clear and pool maintenance is near zero.  We love ours and switched from POS baquacil system. 
Go buy an inline chlorine generator. Best damn thing ever!  I replaced the core once myself. easy. 

When we warm up our pool this season, cleaning is hardly needed. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Switching was easy - make sure your system is off or has been off for a while.

Go to a saltwater pool.  It's barely salty... water is very clear and pool maintenance is near zero.  We love ours and switched from POS baquacil system. 
Go buy an inline chlorine generator. Best damn thing ever!  I replaced the core once myself. easy. 

When we warm up our pool this season, cleaning is hardly needed. 
View Quote
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

be aware the salt will corrode aluminum, otherwise, best system ever. get one with a chlorine generator, buy you pool salt from Sam's club. i doubt i spend $100 on my pool this year [knock on would]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top