Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2017 5:22:36 PM EDT
My opener is on its last legs and I'd like to find something I can get at Lowes to replace it. I'd like to get one that is plug and play and will work with my current bracket and sensors. Any suggestions?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Not plug and play with your setup, but Liftmaster 3500.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]
good luck finding plug and play with your sensors and stuff

I got mine at menards for about $120 on sale, I think it says liftmaster on the remote, it's 5 years old and opens the door every other time I push the button. (the other times, it closes the door)
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:45:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Just about any standard opener will work with your bracket. You can use the existing wires to splice in new sensors. Should only take about an hour to install if you are halfassed handy.

ETA: You can still order parts for those discontinued models. What's it doing, or not doing?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just about any standard opener will work with your bracket. You can use the existing wires to splice in new sensors. Should only take about an hour to install if you are halfassed handy.

ETA: You can still order parts for those discontinued models. What's it doing, or not doing?
View Quote
The electrics are shot, it wont stop unless you stop it manually. It just keeps trying to open or close until it eventually reverses itself and does it the other way. That lift master 3500 looks pretty cool, I'll have to look more into that as I'd love to get rid of the overhead motor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top