Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2017 1:26:45 AM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Outlined in yellow, and wrapping around the deck and sunroom is this ugly lattice.  The deck will also largely be replaced but there is a plan there. What I don't know about is what to do once the lattice is gone?

What would you replace it with and why? I do not plan to use the space underneath for anything but there does need to be access because the door to the crawl space is centered under the sunroom. I could possibly get behind just painting it, but the wife has expressed she wants it to go if at all possible.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:33:04 AM EDT
[#1]
1.  They sell white plastic lattice panels and trim.  Use that.

2.  Brick it up to match the other brickwork seen in the photo.

3.  Extend the deck out and around the sunroom.  Leave the bottom open.

To my eye, that overhead wood work looks bad, too.  Get rid of that.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:03:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you want to add style, resale value, and  visual appeal ??

Go with a Horizontal style screen.

Afterward.... powerwash the deck and use and restoration type coating/paint on everything for a uniform look.

typical restore type paint/coating home depot

Example of horizontal screen fencing
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the look of that horizontal screen. Would look nice done in cedar which is what I plan to use for the deck rebuild.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the look of that horizontal screen. Would look nice done in cedar which is what I plan to use for the deck rebuild.
View Quote

Second the horizontal screen...get some samples and see what width/spacing you like.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 1:28:52 PM EDT
[#5]
There are several options your wife might like. One site I found was www.acuriolattice.com.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are several options your wife might like. One site I found was www.acuriolattice.com.
View Quote

Nice. Thanks for the link. I like this one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#7]
You may even consider a hardiboard siding and make that area into an enclosed shed. Solid sides will keep critters out (for the most part).
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:33:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Some good ideas here. You could also do pea gravel underneath, with a flower/bush/arborvitae bed wrapped around the entire area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top