Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2016 11:34:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#1]
This is relevant to my interest. I've been looking for a long time, and as a DIYer it pains me to pay anybody to do anything, but I can't turn up anything useful in my searches. I'm thinking I've just got to bite the bullet and get a garage door company out here.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The seals rarely work well.

The 'man door' is simply not rigid enough to seal well at the edges.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone still make the one peice garage doors that were around 20+ years ago?  

Other than that cut an opening for a door in one of the walls, you would have to add a header but it is not too much work.  Unless it's a brick garage.  Then it's still doable, just more work.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I would look into adding a door to your garage rather than replace the garage door with one that has a man door (and I'm not a fan of them from a security standpoint).  

For the trash cans, can you build a small lean-to or cabinet to put them in outside the garage?  Rubber Maid makes a plastic one if you want a quick alternative.  

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would look into adding a door to your garage rather than replace the garage door with one that has a man door (and I'm not a fan of them from a security standpoint).  

For the trash cans, can you build a small lean-to or cabinet to put them in outside the garage?  Rubber Maid makes a plastic one if you want a quick alternative.  

View Quote

This...

I would happily go thought all of the hassle and expense of framing out / installing a nice commercial grade exterior door on my garage long before I considered a flimsy man door. A traditional door is going to be less expensive and more secure in the end.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top