Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2016 8:54:45 AM EDT
I'm needing 2 wireless security cameras that can either work with an included DVR or use an old laptop for storage. My cell phones are my internet so I don't need anything that I can access remotely. I've seen tons on eBay, etc. but have no clue what would be decent. 720p resolution would be enough for my purposes. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't get any help here take a look HERE

There are many good discussions..  See TheGrayMan, he's the Mod over there.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I don't know how I missed that subforum.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Last wireless IP camera I had jammed my modern garage door opener. Returned that shit.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:01:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Last wireless IP camera I had jammed my modern garage door opener. Returned that shit.
View Quote

Wireless IP cameras suck, they eat up too much bandwidth...
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:54:42 AM EDT
[#5]
For cheap and wifi-based, I have had luck with ZMoto brand. They run around $60 including shipping on the 'Bay. Make sure you get the newest version of the model you want, perhaps ask the seller if they know the firmware date. I have two that are visually identical and from identical boxes, but one has more recent firmware installed and doesn't have the glitches that the older one has.

I can get exact model info if you want. I have been running those two cameras 24/7 for about 16 months now and have no complaints except for needing to reset that one camera occasionally. Been fine in weather from 30 below zero freezing rain, to around 100 degrees and crazy humidity.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I grabbed a couple of these 1080p PTZ cameras and they work great!

BEW 1080p PTZ security cam
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Just get the Foscams with the built in SD Card slot for local recording.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought this on sale years ago

I like that the "DVR" module is small and easy to hide, but the cameras use 9V so cant use a normal security power supply.

If I had to do it over I would do POE cameras.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:44:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Try one of the Lorex wireless camera sets. I have installed a few for customers (I work for an alarm company), they work OK in a smallish house, and are fairly inexpensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top