Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2016 9:11:11 PM EDT
As it used to be. Power is on.  What do I check?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Vacuumed the condenser coils.  Then I found the problem.  The overpacked freezer had been shut off.  Some wrapped item rotated the dial when the shelf was pushed in.  

Anyway, I learnt not to overstuff the freezer and the value of having a big ice chest that can be filled with ice. Thank you Safeway for being open past 9 pm.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#3]
They are more efficient when loaded up (less air to dump out when opened).

But if you over-stuff one so the air can no longer circulate you will have problems.

The defrost cycle will not work well.

For a 'deep freeze' do NOT get a frost free.

Just make sure you can easily get the thing outdoors and defrost it once a year or so.

Frost free freezers thaw the surface of food while removing the frost and create 'freezer burn' even on shrink wrapped or vacuum packed stuff.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top