Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2016 9:13:05 PM EDT
Was told it isn't passing testing for the battery and the brakes were worn down but rotors were fine.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:03:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#2]
What vehicle is this for? Is it just an everyday driver?

EBC is a good brand for brake pads. They have a couple different varieties.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:09:45 AM EDT
[#3]
2013 Toyota Sienna XLE. It's my wife's daily driver and also use for family stuff.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Any Brand Semi Metallic Pad will do the trick, And to be honest any Battery Brand will also do the trick.

If you have an Advanced Auto near you, they do some serious coupons, like 20% off, that kind of stuff.
I recently used my $20 off of  $50 for Mobil 1 Oil.  Worked out to $17.75/5 qts
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like the Sienna has ceramic brake pads as OE. Might as well replace with the same. Look at Rockauto under the Daily Driver category. Of the brands they have, pretty much any of them will work. Make sure to get one with the hardware included since it's best to replace all of that stuff at the same time.

As for the battery, it's odd that it's bad after 3 years, but it's possible. Looks like you need a group size 24 battery. The more CCA you have, the better your engine will start, but really any group size 24 will do. I would just go to your favorite local auto parts store and buy one. I might get a second opinion on it though before I drop ~$115 for a new one, just in case.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like the Sienna has ceramic brake pads as OE. Might as well replace with the same. Look at Rockauto under the Daily Driver category. Of the brands they have, pretty much any of them will work. Make sure to get one with the hardware included since it's best to replace all of that stuff at the same time.

As for the battery, it's odd that it's bad after 3 years, but it's possible. Looks like you need a group size 24 battery. The more CCA you have, the better your engine will start, but really any group size 24 will do. I would just go to your favorite local auto parts store and buy one. I might get a second opinion on it though before I drop ~$115 for a new one, just in case.
View Quote

Thanks. Will do.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#7]
hawk hps pads

years ago i would say optima battery but they have gone to shit. try an interstate megatron
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:46:07 PM EDT
[#8]
IMHO, rockauto for ALL auto parts that are reasonably shippable... Why should I have to stack coupons and special offers on top of one another to get a remotely competitive price? IE, shopping for struts and rock-auto and advance auto parts were within $10 of one another for the same brand, I was shocked until I realized that rock-auto's price was the easy-strut (everything including springs etc already pre-installed on the strut) and advance's price was the strut only... their price on the easy-strut was double that of rock-auto... No coupon or special offer is even going to get me close...

Ok, ok, rant off... rock-auto is VERY competitive.

For batteries, I'm hooked on Advance auto's Gold battery. I've had VERY good luck with them and they don't jack you over on their warranty. Auto-zone's battery warranty is stupid and the guys at auto-zone tried to tell me that a battery holding a charge of 10.5 volts was within the range of "normal" and there was nothing wrong with my battery.

As far as brake pads: for my daily driver (junker) I buy whatever is cheap but reliable brand. For my family vehicle I have Akebono ProACT brakes because the OE brakes are made by Akebono and I want the best when my family is in the car.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top