Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2016 8:07:18 PM EDT
I found it in my attic, why someone would put it up there is beyond me. I'm tired of looking at this gaudy thing and want to sell it locally but I'm drawing a blank as to what it's called  (style or whatnot) or who would make something like it? It's made of aluminum and the three pieces slide together to make the column. Any ideas arfcom?

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#1]
A flag pole? I thought it was three lengths.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Scrap
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya, no it's some kind of southern plantation styled porch column. I would have scrapped it long ago but it kinda looks expensive?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ya, no it's some kind of southern plantation styled porch column. I would have scrapped it long ago but it kinda looks expensive?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like around $100.  

https://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/posts-columns/aluminum-columns/c-5722.htm
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Just having one column lessens the value. But you may find a buyer who's looking for one column. Put an add in your local paper you've got nothing to lose. Might be able to get 50 to 70 bucks for it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:32:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just having one column lessens the value. But you may find a buyer who's looking for one column. Put an add in your local paper you've got nothing to lose. Might be able to get 50 to 70 bucks for it.
View Quote

If you have a builders surplus store close by, they might buy it from you.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or take it to a Habitat for Humanity Restore for the tax deduction if there is one nearby.

I had the same column on my porch until just a couple of days ago.  Mine is going to the Restore.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Or take it to a Habitat for Humanity Restore for the tax deduction if there is one nearby.

I had the same column on my porch until just a couple of days ago.  Mine is going to the Restore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did you replace it with?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Trim.

It hides a pipe or wood post.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't yet.  The concrete porch was jackhammered and removed.  The footing was too shallow (32 inches) and it frost heaved up guessing about an inch.  Water was running back to the wall every time it rained.  The roof overhang is now supported by a pair of 12 foot 2x4s.  The new porch roof will be supported by a 4x4, probably wrapped with textured pvc 1x6.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:10:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Trim.

It hides a pipe or wood post.
View Quote

Unless it used to be installed on my porch.  Nothing inside.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top