Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2016 11:40:54 AM EDT
I am looking for ideas for a good quality RC car that can have a lego base attached to it.

My six year old is about to have a birthday and we talked about "what-if" his lego creations could actually drive around.  I think I could drill through some legos and give him a foundation to build stuff on.  Not sure what type of car to get for the project though.  I don't want el cheapo, because I want it to be fun to drive.  I don't want hundreds of dollars invested in a "maybe" project either.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.feinsteinproject.org/misc/links.html

Super glue works well.

Technic bricks already have holes in them.  Threaded rod works really well @ reinforcing Technic bricks, especially if you superglue 'em in.  2-part epoxy works well if you need volume to fill a space, but it will leak out through the cracks if you've not sealed them w/ superglue.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The Lego store have r/c Lego cars, like 200$ though
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Check here.... Lots of options from a reputable company in RC.

LINK
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#4]
LEGO has all sorts of motorized toys, including programmable motorized toys, so the kid can learn something new while playing.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the links guys.

I have been googling lego cars and RC cars.  The lego cars looked like they move, but not like an RC car.  The RC cars have dozens of brands covering electric, brushless motor, and nitro fuel models.  I was hoping that someone had experience in RC cars that could recommend a brand and platform, and maybe someone had some experience in moving legos for build advice.

I guess next step is to visit the local RC hobby shop and maybe an expedition to the big LEGO store.  Still looking for advice if you have it.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:08:56 PM EDT
[#6]
A RC "car" can be had for a couple hundred, most have body post that stick through the plastic body and secure with a cotter pin like clip. I am sure you can rig somthing up.

RC death star!!!

Edit
I would offer a make/model of car but they are kinda like computers, new one every year or so.

What ever you do, do not look at the axial yeti xl......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top