Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2016 9:52:15 AM EDT
I currently live in on-post housing, so my workspace has to be fairly modular.I really do not have the room for a full-size press right now, or a permanent workbench, so I am currently using one of these as a workbench, which has worked really well for the small projects that I do around the house.

Now, I find myself in need of a small drill press, as I have some old straight razors that I need to disassemble and clean up, and I need to drill out the pins that hold the scales in place. I have a Dremel tool, so I was thinking about picking up the Dremel Rotary Tool Workstation, which is a small drill press that you attach the Dremel to.

Has anyone used this press before? The reviews are all over the place, and I don't want to waste my money.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:44:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I currently live in on-post housing, so my workspace has to be fairly modular.I really do not have the room for a full-size press right now, or a permanent workbench, so I am currently using one of these as a workbench, which has worked really well for the small projects that I do around the house.

Now, I find myself in need of a small drill press, as I have some old straight razors that I need to disassemble and clean up, and I need to drill out the pins that hold the scales in place. I have a Dremel tool, so I was thinking about picking up the Dremel Rotary Tool Workstation, which is a small drill press that you attach the Dremel to.

Has anyone used this press before? The reviews are all over the place, and I don't want to waste my money.
View Quote

I find it easier to carefully Dremel off the end of the pin and use a pin punch to drive the pin out with a small hammer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top