BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let her enjoy her Hollywood showers while she can.  Navy sea showers will be a very rude awakening for her.
View Quote

The 22 year old "try" to get in the Navy means she isn't planning on joining.  

OP, you need to kick her out or charge her rent.  $100 for every year over 18 years old or post college.  Emergencies excepted, freaking "adults" shouldn't be living anywhere for free unless it is out in the woods.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

OP, you need to kick her out or charge her rent.  $100 for every year over 18 years old or post college.  Emergencies excepted, freaking "adults" shouldn't be living anywhere for free unless it is out in the woods.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Let her enjoy her Hollywood showers while she can.  Navy sea showers will be a very rude awakening for her.

That or 10% of her income.  My Dad had this rule.  When you ain't making shit and you lose 10% off the top, you either live with it or move.  

I moved into the Marine Corps.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#3]
There is an inlet valve on the water heater.
Close it during a prolonged shower.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That or 10% of her income.  My Dad had this rule.  When you ain't making shit and you lose 10% off the top, you either live with it or move.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I turned 18, it was $100 a month and requirement to be out for good within a year.  I joined the Army 24 years ago and haven't looked back.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So since February of this year my step daughter ( 22 years old) came to live with us before she tries to get in the Navy. Since that time my gas bill has doubled and she routinely likes to camp out and take 30 + min showers. I have told her repeatedly to limit the time , but I know she is not and this morning I was running behind and I timed her in the shower!!! 30 min!

So, she wont listen , she gets ready when no one is there to monitor so is there anything on the market to add into the hot water line to the bathroom that would cut the water off? So after a certain amount of time or flow it cuts? Ive seen a few shower heads , but those can be reset fairly easy by the person in the shower.

I cannot wait for her to get out of my house!!!

View Quote

Yell "are you mastrubating in there?!?" As loud as you can after banging on the door for two minutes.  

Repeat if needed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#6]
What does "try to get into the Navy" mean? Drag her ass to the recruiter and show her where to sign. See if she balks at that and you'll know how screwed you are. Water bill is the least of your worries.

And the shower manager link is what you seek. Only problem is everyone now has to take short showers.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe she's got a recruiter jerking her around?
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Is it a massaging shower head? she is spraying that shit on her
View Quote

I'm guessing Dad hadn't thought of that possibility before you brought it up.

Now she's good to go with 1-hour showers.  He's going nowhere near that door ever again.

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 8:48:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Maybe she's got a recruiter jerking her around?
View Quote

No I think he is being ok. Her being a single mom they have to wait 90 days for the kids custody change. Of course she could change her mind and then it goes crazy
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

just go shut the hot water after five minutes  .........
View Quote
Worked.

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well , Id let her enjoy them while she can, but I do have a field system and I pay the bills.

The wild card on this is my wife has become some whacked out mom and is in full protect mode with this kid , so when I say something its always viewed as me being negative. The only time my wife and I fight is about kids , seriously.

Her kid is a complete slob. She works a part time job and pays nothing to live at our house with her 5 year old kid. Did I mention back in November she took off from living with her dad with her felon BF at the time and lived in a tent under a bridge? Ya, she chose to be homeless and dump the kid.

I love my wife , but my patience is growing thin..........
View Quote

My psychic side tells me you are in for rough ride.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 3:19:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Five minutes is not nearly enough for even a productive female who shaves in the shower.

If you can shampoo, condition your hair, shave your legs, arm pits, etc, wash your body with soap, in ten minutes or less I would be impressed.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 7:43:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Five minutes is not nearly enough for even a productive female who shaves in the shower.

If you can shampoo, condition your hair, shave your legs, arm pits, etc, wash your body with soap, in ten minutes or less I would be impressed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

When I'm in a hurry, I can be done in 15 minutes. That time does not include shaving anything. If I need to shave, add at least 10 minutes.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well , Id let her enjoy them while she can, but I do have a field system and I pay the bills.

The wild card on this is my wife has become some whacked out mom and is in full protect mode with this kid , so when I say something its always viewed as me being negative. The only time my wife and I fight is about kids , seriously.

Her kid is a complete slob. She works a part time job and pays nothing to live at our house with her 5 year old kid. Did I mention back in November she took off from living with her dad with her felon BF at the time and lived in a tent under a bridge? Ya, she chose to be homeless and dump the kid.

I love my wife , but my patience is growing thin..........

Ya , me too
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 8:05:40 AM EDT
[#15]
To me 10 to 15 min should be max on an everyday type of shower. Sure we might take a longer one when you are sick or just need to relax, but not 30 min everyday.

I think I can plumb that unit in and change the time to the 15min deal and it should not be an issue , other than wife might get pissed
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This.

When I'm in a hurry, I can be done in 15 minutes. That time does not include shaving anything. If I need to shave, add at least 10 minutes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I take 5 minutes in the shower. That's just enough time to wash my face, shampoo my hair, and wash my body with a bar of soap. Add another 5 minutes or so at the sink to shave my face.

Young females are likely to be doing what I do, and conditioning their hair, shaving their bodies, and probably not hustling as much as me. Plus, even just shampooing and rinsing that much hair takes a lot longer than my short cut. I'd say 15 minutes would be reasonable, and even 20 minutes wouldn't be out of the ordinary for a young female.

Maybe the better option would be to look into things that can stop water flow when it's not being used. Like a pull handle that gives you 30 seconds of water, or a shower head with the on/off valve for her to use.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Seriously, OP, forget about all the fancy valves, timers, and restrictors.  Just install a shower massage head.  It won't stop her from masturbating in the shower, but at least she'll finish up quicker.  And that's all that really matters to your utility bills.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#18]
turn the water heater down, make it barely hot and the showers will get much shorter.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 6:45:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There is an inlet valve on the water heater.
Close it during a prolonged shower.
View Quote

Throttling it back slowly makes them think that they've run out of hot water.  It works.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#20]
too bad its not electric, you could just disconnect one of the elements.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#21]

she is playing you like a cheap fiddle. she isn't joining the navy! you and the wife are enablers setting her up for the fall.

1st she needs o follow the rules!

2nd she needs to pay rent.!

3rd she needs to gtfo in a timely fashion!
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

She is a dirty inky , no pics for you!

Yep, more to it then just the long showers. I go to bed every night praying the Navy is going to take her soon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics of 22yo girl to decide appropriate action needed

She is a dirty inky , no pics for you!

Yep, more to it then just the long showers. I go to bed every night praying the Navy is going to take her soon.

Who gets the 5 year old then? I would probably turn the hot water way down.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a shut off right at the hot water heater.  So I can just turn it off at the source.  Pretty handy from time to time.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#24]
If Ann Landers was still around this might make her daily column. I know what Ann would tell you to do and most of its been mentioned already.

But seriously, with the stepdaughter's background and mentality even the Army would send her calls to voice mail. That is unless things have really gone downhill recently.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I suggest talking to her about if not you can do what I did and shut off the hot water after 15 min...they start to come out of the shower really quick after it happens a few times
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
turn off hot water
View Quote

I watched my dad do this to my brother once.  
He literally went to the water heater, my brother was showering and he says "watch this".

You could hear the shower water stop almost immediately.  Seems my brother was not so willing to stay in there with cold water.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

He literally went to the water heater, my brother was showering and he says "watch this".

You could hear the shower water stop almost immediately.  Seems my brother was not so willing to stay in there with cold water.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
turn off hot water

I did it to my wife once early in our marriage. I learned a valuable lesson that day... still happily married today but it didn't come without some lessons learned the hard way.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Make her pay rent
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. The hair has to be washed a couple times and the conditioner allowed to soak in. Then you have to exfoliate, then shave everything. Washing long hair and shaving a whole body are what take time.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I did it to my wife once early in our marriage. I learned a valuable lesson that day... still happily married today but it didn't come without some lessons learned the hard way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
turn off hot water

Have you ever tried shaving your legs when the hot water runs out and you have goosebumps? You shave off the tops of all the goosebumps. It's bloody.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top