Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2016 10:44:25 PM EDT
We have a jetted tub that is 15yrs old & the plumbing is leaking off one of the 90's. The fittings are all stacked together off the actual jets so it's not just a simple cut out & replace. The section that is leaking off the 90 is a type of flex pipe that is in a bind so a split sleeve won't lay flat. I've had to cut out a section of tile & drywall just to get to the leak. Was hoping to do the repair myself but I'm starting to question it. Anyone had any luck with repairs to these ?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out "hysol" epoxy. Made by LOCTITE. This is what serious offshore fishermen use to patch holes in their boats below the water line if they have a leak. I manufactured jetted tubs for thirty years. We NEVER put "flex hose" in any kind of a "bind" for the very reason you mentioned.  If it is possible you can cut the flex hose and put a new 3/4" or 1" coupling on it and using flex hose or a multitude of fittings to tie it all back together. Even if the "patch" looks like a drunk snake it will not affect the workings of the system. I really need a pic to help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top