Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2015 9:08:12 PM EDT
Buying a new place next week.  Has a medium sized walk in closet that I plan to rework.  It has the standard white wire setup that doesn't please the eye or do anything to maximize the space.  Thinking of a "kit" along the lines of the following.  Any experience, advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Max budget for this will be $400.  The following are what I'm considering:

John Louis Home kit

Allen Roth Kit

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#1]
If you aren't set on fancy wood grade parts, check out easycloset.com.  I redid our master closet with their online tool and it worked out well (except for me tweaking my hip flexor using a carpet kicker around the new drawer unit).  They ship everything knocked down and sized to fit.

Almost 5 years in and it still looks great.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:53:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I will certainly check that out. Will it fit my $400 budget? This will be my home for a max of 3 years and a rental thereafter.

ETA: The 'sample' was fairly basic and priced out at over a grand.  Cool site, but not something I would use for this application.  Will file the site away though.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 12:29:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I put a similar Allen Roth kit in our spare bedroom 3-4 years ago and it is holding up well.  Ours was all solid wood and pretty heavy duty construction.
Mounting it was very easy, and it looks great.  I think I got it on sale at Lowes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I put a similar Allen Roth kit in our spare bedroom 3-4 years ago and it is holding up well.  Ours was all solid wood and pretty heavy duty construction.
Mounting it was very easy, and it looks great.  I think I got it on sale at Lowes.
View Quote

I believe this is the same thing I'm looking at!  Good info thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top