Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2015 8:41:00 PM EDT
I am working on getting a pond that the previous owner had installed up and running. Of course all the old equipment needs to be replaced, and I have no experience with this stuff. Anyways, I need to connect a 2" hose to a 1 1/2" hose. For clarification, the inner diameter is 2" and 1 1/2". I am looking for a solid piece that the hose can clamp over and be tightened down with hose clamps.  I have searched various pond related sites, but not finding a simple solution. If anyone that has experience or been in a like situation, please let me know what my options are or point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
hardware store, plumbing supply store
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
How rigid are the hoses you are connecting? Fernco couplings are typically used for connecting PVC pipe of various diameters and are nice because they are an outside connection and don't reduce the internal diameter at the pipe union.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#3]
They are fairly rigid, but I could still squeeze them with some give. I think the stuff is called flex pvc?
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are fairly rigid, but I could still squeeze them with some give. I think the stuff is called flex pvc?
View Quote

How about a 2" hose barb to 2 " male thread  a 2" female  threaded coupling  a 2" to 1/12" reducer bushing and a 1/12" male thread to 1/1/2" hose barb. Add a few hose clamps and you are done.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:02:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

How about a 2" hose barb to 2 " male thread  a 2" female  threaded coupling  a 2" to 1/12" reducer bushing and a 1/12" male thread to 1/1/2" hose barb. Add a few hose clamps and you are done.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was just about to go that route, but I overlooked one website and they had a 2' barb to 1 1/2" barb, which is simple form I was looking for. But thank you for your help!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top