Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2015 10:10:37 PM EDT
Looks like I have to replace my old table saw.

Like the Rigid hybrid but leaning toward a dewalt 7491 just to have more room in my small shop.

Anyone have the dewalt?

Like it hate it?

Worth the money?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a 10" Craftsman Contractor Saw of CraigsList.  Do you have room for something like that?  Might get a better saw cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I have that exact Dewalt model. Bought it as it seemed to be the best option in terms of pricing, performance, and portability.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:49:42 PM EDT
[#3]
The Dewalt is probably the best portable TS right now.  The Bosch 4100 is a close second, but I think the fence on the DW7491 is a bit nicer.  I've been dragging my feet on buying a DW7491 for a while now...I keep hoping for a sale of a CL deal to fall into my lap.  It's not a high need/priority at the moment so I've not plunked down the cash for one yet.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:06:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Saw stop with the upgraded fence

Just got my 52" version and I am impressed with the quality.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:59:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Love the tech, hate the owner.  Would have saved my last CO's fingers if he had one. His career is now over unfortunately.

Anything about it you don't like?....well aside from the price
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#6]
bosch just came out with a jobsite saw that acts like a sawstop FYI

Story

and it doesn't damage the blade
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Love the tech, hate the owner.  Would have saved my last CO's fingers if he had one. His career is now over unfortunately.    

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, the quality of the engineering is spot on.  Fence is essentially a Bessemeyer that is rock solid.  Motor is smooth and powerful enough for me.  Dust collection is surpurb  

Glad I spent the dime on it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:55:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the Dewalt 7491. Great TS. I was torn between the Dewalt and the Bosch portables, Ended up with the Dewalt because I've used the older model and it is lighter than the Bosch... not by much. I picked up the Mastercraft universal stand from menards with an adapter, it folds down like a set of saw horses, which takes up less room in the truck.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Picked up the Dewalt.

So far I,am,real happy, just finished a 6' tall birch bookshelf for one of my neighbors with zero issues.

There are things I don't like but most can be fixed , zero clearance incert, redo my crosscut sled, ect.

I was very surprised that the blade along with fence was true and straight right out of the box.

I do miss my cast iron top and wish it had the Bosch type blade stop.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I use a standard jet-lock fence on my unisaw with a cable system that keeps it perfectly parallel.
Same system as a drafting table.

It does not move 0.0001 when locked down.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I use a heavy Delta with retractable wheels with a Biesemeyer fence.  Lightweight table saws suck.  

I got it used on a local shooting board.  The first cabinet I made for it paid for the saw.  I use a height adjusted plastic folding table for the infeed.  Plywood slides on it like snot on a brass doorknob.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top