Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2014 6:06:23 PM EDT
So I ordered some new Rotors and Pads from JC Whitney.... Great deal and 20%off $115 shipped!!!

Jeep is up on stands and im about to put in the new pads. They have little C shaped ends to tell which side goes up and down. Well the Drivers side has the wrong pad in the kit.

Called JCW they have a new set of pads on the way, but id like to drive my Jeep before middle of next week.

So the question is can i just use the Passengers side pad on the Drivers side? It fits but the little C grove is on the top, not the bottom.

Pics Inbound
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#1]
If it don't fit it wont work.  That sounded pricey for mail order parts and now I'm sure you probably wish you went to auto zone or your local parts store.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Should have ordered a set of Black Magic pads.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Autozone... That would have cost me $25 in gas and half a day. Which would have been better than another 4 day without my jeep.
But the pad was worn down bad, it was grinding on the rotor.

After looking at it, it won't work. Waiting for new pads.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:01:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, its a no go. The "C" part has to be on the same end, top or bottom, of the calipers for both the inner and outer pads. The "C" part clips on to the knuckle first, then the caliper pivots into position. With enough motivation, you CAN make it work (I've seen them come into the shop like that) but holy shit will you hate yourself when it comes time to take them apart.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:38:25 AM EDT
[#5]
$86.36 from Advance shipped free with code P20.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 3:00:35 PM EDT
[#6]
theyre different for a reason, its a no go in my opinion.

rockauto.com baby!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top