Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2014 12:49:05 PM EDT
Inside temp says 66 and I adjusted the thermostat all the way up to 73 but the heater wont turn on.  What should I check?
It turns on at the scheduled times, just not manually it seems
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it a gas system?

If so there is a 4 to 5 inch pencil thin tube inside the heater, take some scotch bright or steel wool and clean it and you should be good to go.

If it is electric  
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Gas is propane.  Unit is a "typical" furnace/evaporator in the attic with compressor outside.
What is this pencil thin tube you speak of?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Some kind of sensor I forget the name but the burners start and then this thing senses the burner heat and turns on the gas.

Mine was right in side the access panel, I pulled out but did not need to.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Inside temp says 66 and I adjusted the thermostat all the way up to 73 but the heater wont turn on.  What should I check?

It turns on at the scheduled times, just not manually it seems
View Quote

if it's turning on as scheduled by your programmable thermostat, then I doubt if there's anything wrong with the furnace....

it's most likely the thermo or you don't know how to properly switch into manual mode?

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess I should read the WHOLE thing.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Also - the fan wont turn on manually, but it comes on when the scheduled time kicks the heater on.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#7]
What is the model number? 4000 is a series number, not model.
When it goes into schedule, what does it say?
Is the screen locked? (will say on display if it is)
Do you hear clicks when you raise the temp manually? if so, 1 click or 2?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top