Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2014 1:23:00 AM EDT
Does this look like a good buy to you guys?  I have a shopvac but it's not working for some reason.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-6-gal-Wet-Dry-Vacuum-with-Bonus-VF4000-Cartridge-Filter-WD0670A/205594858?N=5yc1vZ6
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:48:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about that particular one.

I have the 16 Gal stainless one and love it. I bought it after using a friends.

I've used mine for everything from a kitchen remodel, cleaning the garage, and cleaning up a flooded basement. Nothing's stopped it yet!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:01:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I have what is probably the older version of that model.
It has worked great over the years, no complaints.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:25:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have what is probably the older version of that model.
It has worked great over the years, no complaints.
View Quote

This for me too. Got prob 15 years of heavy use on mine. Rehabed two houses completely, finished four or five basements, cleaned the cars often, sucked up water from a few basement floods, lots of construction/drywall dust etc.

J-
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:44:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I recently switched from the rigid one that you posted to a shopvac brand at lowes and the difference is unbelieveable...

I'll never own a rigid again
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:23:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Craftsman now and have owned it for years.  It's been a good one.  However, when I go buy a new one in the future, it will probably be a Ridgid.  Not impressed with the newest Craftsman vacs and the Shopvac are even worse IMO.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:38:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I have that exact model. It's performed well.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:02:55 PM EDT
[#7]
They are chineese garbage. Go get a Shop Vac brand, they are much better and made in the USA
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I looked at that model in the store.  The hose is stiff, not very flexible.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Company kicks the shit out of vacuums example : two shop vacs emptied this tank in 4 days

I say the bigger the better
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:52:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have that exact model. It's performed well.
View Quote

Went back to the store today and realized the ones that were on sale were the 16 gallon versions.  I bought one for $39.  Pretty good deal, IMO.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#11]
You will hate yourself when you have to buy filters.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:14:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I think I have the same one, but with a older model motor as the top looks a little different.  Works well and keeps on running.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:19:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I personally think all of them are Chinese made bullshit.

That being said, whatever you do, make sure to by a piece of Chinese made bullshit with the LARGER DIAMETER HOSE.

I asked for one a few years ago, and got one with a small hose like on a regular household vac. Makes the damn thing pretty much useless for anything garage related.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I personally think all of them are Chinese made bullshit.

That being said, whatever you do, make sure to by a piece of Chinese made bullshit with the LARGER DIAMETER HOSE.

I asked for one a few years ago, and got one with a small hose like on a regular household vac. Makes the damn thing pretty much useless for anything garage related.
View Quote

Yeah thats a good tip.  My first one was like that and was a piece of crap.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:39:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a 12 gal version and it works well - but not long, so while the functionality is good the HD/Rigid warranty is pretty important.  Don't lose your receipt.  For me, they consistently last about 2/3 of the way through the warranty, then bite the dust (or stop biting the dust, whatever).
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have a 12 gal version and it works well - but not long, so while the functionality is good the HD/Rigid warranty is pretty important.  Don't lose your receipt.  For me, they consistently last about 2/3 of the way through the warranty, then bite the dust (or stop biting the dust, whatever).
View Quote

Thanks.  I just had my first Cree lightbulb go out on me the other day, and even though they offer a 10yr warrantee, they require you to provide the bulb, a receipt, and the UPC code from the box as proof of purchase.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Our shop has this too if i recall, it works great! Barely any loss of suction as long as you take good care of it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#18]
I doubt you'll regret it.  I have the model that converts to a blower.  It gets decent use, and has been great so far.  Had it for a few years.  All it needs is to be emptied and clean the filter occasionally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top