Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2014 10:36:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#1]
The installer is full of BS. Make them put the trim back as it was and install the carpet right. it's your house not his !
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
First the carpet was installed "backwards" on the steps.

Sounds like it needs to be taken out and replaced, correctly.

The installer removed the trim that the previous carpet was attached too. He told me that was 70's and no one does it anymore. He told me someone would have to puddy the gap and texture.

You did not pay them to damage your home.  They need to remedy this.  Replace the painted trim.

I havent gotten around to that as I didnt quite know how to do it.

Don't attempt any remedy or you could compromise your claim.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#4]
They should fix it.

If  they don't it is an easy repair job to do.

Tape off the carpet,  I would get some Bondo , fill the gap and smooth out the rest of the wood area.  You can get some textured surface spray at Homedepot or even Walmart.

Let it dry and paint it.   It will look like new
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top