Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2014 10:44:34 AM EDT
Is there such a thing?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I just replaced my reusable filter with throw away ones.  It was the metal mesh one.  I tried blowing it out with compressed air, water jet and it still had crap in it.  The duct work was full of dust on the other side of the filter so I decided to just buy the disposables.

That has been my experience.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just replaced my reusable filter with throw away ones.  It was the metal mesh one.  I tried blowing it out with compressed air, water jet and it still had crap in it.  The duct work was full of dust on the other side of the filter so I decided to just buy the disposables.

That has been my experience.
View Quote
Hummmm well that is not good. How old was you system

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a reuseable one before.  I went back to disposable.  It was hard to clean.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 3:48:03 AM EDT
[#4]
reusable ones arent recommended by my HVAC. too restrictive and hard to clean or something. he says to use the cheapies and change them often
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:35:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Grainier sells them. Don't recommend. Use pleated and throw away each time.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Grainier sells them. Don't recommend. Use pleated and throw away each time.
View Quote

I professionally concur.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#7]
The only time they ever worked was with a mineral oil spray on them to trap finer dust.

Just use a pleated one that is within your duct design.

Some older systems do NOT have enough margin to tolerate the additional pressure drop over a pleated filter.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top