Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2014 11:03:53 AM EDT
My wife has about 35 bottles of crap in the shower and each year we have to buy a new holder for them because the the one we bought the year prior is rusting to pieces. The last one we bought was a $69 "never rust" stainless shower caddy that only lasted a few months before starting to rust. Chinese crap...

Are they all junk? Anybody ever had one that didn't rust, aside from the little plastic ones?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one that I had made out of teak, it has lasted 6 years so far, no problems.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine is plastic-coated steel.  It is about 10 years old and has not rusted.

Plastic-coated steel is vulnerable if the plastic coating breaks.  This allows water in under the coating and rust is inevitable.  Watch the rack carefully remedy the problem at your first opportunity.  Plasti-Dip comes to mind to repair a cracked coating but there are other ways to re-seal it.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Find one made of plastic with no metal involved.
Stainless almost invariably requires heat treat and passivisation after welding.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Aluminum doesn't rust
shower rack
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aluminum doesn't rust
shower rack
View Quote

But soap corrodes aluminum unless the metal is correctly finished.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top