Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2014 5:32:12 PM EDT
Noticed the ice in the freezer melting the other day, and couldn't hear the fan blowing inside the fridge. Also every few minutes a relay would click and it would buzz about 5 times. About a second apart from each other. Buzz....buzz....buzz..., you get the idea. So I figured needed a new fan. Googled it, and found it's pretty common and didn't seen too hard to do. So I left everything plugged up and kept the door shut all night long. Next morning I woke up to everything frozen back up and working like it should be. The fan was running as well.

So I chocked it up to dumb luck. Fast forward to this evening the fan has quit again and shits trying to melt, again. So is the fan freezing up maybe? And I've googled my exact fridge and can't get a straight answer on the part number I need. It's a frigidaire gallery. Double door. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:10:50 AM EDT
[#1]
We have a Frigidaire Gallery, french-door fridge. A very similar problem happened to ours, except that the motor burned out when the fan couldn't spin. After 6 visits from the warranty repair people, it turns out that the default temperature setting on the freezer was too low, and the cold was causing the motor to seize up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top