Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2014 7:00:48 AM EDT
I'm thinking of mounting my Makita MAC700  to my truck for on board air. For the electrical aspect should I use a small gas genny or go with the fancy 1500W Cobra power inverter?
Sorry no pics yet.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:21:54 AM EDT
[#1]
What is the intended use?

If you are just looking to air up tires and light duty air tools you would be better off getting a 12v Viair setup.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Never looked into it. Is there a web page?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Here ya go.

http://viaircorp.com/

Figure out what you want then shop around online for the best deal.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:59:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. For the price of installing the inverter I can buy the kit for the on board air.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:32:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here ya go.

http://viaircorp.com/

Figure out what you want then shop around online for the best deal.
View Quote

this!
I has a full air suspension on one of my trucks with a 100% duty cycle compressor it was as big around as a small block chevy starter motor!, you could lift and lower the truck, air up tires, run air tools whatever you needed it to do it could do..but I had 2 5 gallon air tanks plumbed into it..

heres the comp I was running. the dc 7600
air compressors
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Years ago I use a GM AC compressor on my off road truck for pumping up tires and running air tools. I installed some air tanks from a tractor trailer under the bed and wired the pressure switch to the AC compressor clutch. I had less than 150 bucks in the whole set up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry dupe post
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Years ago I use a GM AC compressor on my off road truck for pumping up tires and running air tools. I installed some air tanks from a tractor trailer under the bed and wired the pressure switch to the AC compressor clutch. I had less than 150 bucks in the whole set up.
View Quote

This is what I'm going to do.  I have a York AC compressor waiting to become my on board air.  You need to find one that has it's own lubrication like the York since you won't have any refrigerant to lube the pump (most modern AC pumps).
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I use a home made system very similar to this.

http://www.instructables.com/id/CO2-system-for-running-air-tools-and-filling-tires/

View Quote

The disadvantage to something like that is that once the tank is empty you have no more air.
With a compressor and tank you have a steady supply.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:19:27 AM EDT
[#11]
The main purpose for the on board air is so I can fill up my tires after airing down.  I  surf fish on Long Island.
Thanks for all the tips.  That's why I ask first and buy later.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Oasis Air systems is the best, but a little spendy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#14]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top